- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4135 meters
- Reaching Annapurna Base Camp at +4135 meters
- Observe the culture and lifestyle of the Gurung and Magar people
- Mountain views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and sunrise/sunset views from Poon Hill
- Natural landscapes, beautiful green forests, various wildlife, natural hot spring
The Annapurna Base Camp trek is great as it offers different types of natural landscapes like valleys, mountain peaks, rivers, waterfalls, mountain passes, meadows, glaciers and so on. With so many natural landscapes to witness during just one trekking route, it's almost sure to impress you.
The trek starts from Dhampus which is very near to Pokhara. The trail then continues through the Rhododendron forests of the Hinko Cave, passing via the Gurung villages of Chomrong and Landrung, ascending up through Modi Khola, until finally reaching higher altitudes getting to Annapurna Base Camp at +4135 meters. Upon ending the trek we will catch a bus back to Pokhara and finally get back to Kathmandu.
Annapurna Base Camp trek will provide you with rewarding and panoramic mountain views, including great views of Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Himchuli and other majestic mountains.
Please see the itinerary for a day by day overview of this trek.
Day 1: Drive to Pokhara (820m/2690ft) by tourist bus
Day 2: Pokhara to Nayapul to Tirkhedhunga (1570m/5150ft)
Day 3: Tikhedhunga to Ullery to Ghorepani (2780m/9121ft)
Day 4: Ghorepani to Tadapani (2660m/8727ft)
Day 5: Tadapani to Chomrong (2060m/6759ft)
Day 6: Chomrong to Dovan (2606m/8550ft)
Day 7: Dovan to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3707m/12163ft)
Day 8: Machhapuchhre Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp (4135m)
Day 9: Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) to Dovan (2505m/8219ft)
Day 10: Dovan to Jhinu (1780m/5840ft)
Day 11: Jhinu Dana to Pokhara (820m/2690ft)
Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu(1350m/4430ft)
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- 02 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist bus
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- Professional and English speaking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance
- Twin/double sharing accommodation while trekking (if you're solo you get your own room)
- Three meals per day: breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Sleeping bag and down jackets (if you don't have your own), t-shirt, cap, duffel bags, city and trekking route maps
- All transport to and from trek
- First-aid kit
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu and Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and meals during the traveling time
- Personal expenses
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in the "Package Includes" section
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?