- 8 Days fullon rafting in one of Nepal's best and most exciting river rafting rivers!
- Beautiful nature, great camp sites, excellent rafting team, and above all, great rafting!
- Sunkoshi is not just a rafting tour, it is a 10 days amazing adventure in Nepal!
Running the gigantic waves and the intense yet predictable rapids of the crystal clear Sunkoshi river gives you more than just an adrenaline rush; it makes you feel something which can’t be simply expressed with words, and hence, you gotta try it!
The starting point of the 270 kilometers long river adventure is Dolalghat or Roshi Khola (Nepalthok), which is a 3-hour drive from Kathmandu valley, and the take out point, or end point at Day 10, is Chatara, which is a 16-hour drive from Kathmandu.
From straightforward waves to powerful and intense ones, the rapid of the river changes from class 3 to class 4 as you move further down the river. We will therefore start with easy rapids and slowly get you on top of how to handle bigger rapids.
The best seasons to gain a thrilling and a safe experience of rafting in Sunkoshi is from September to November and May to June. However, please note that Sunkoshi doesn’t just give you a thrilling rafting experience but also gives you a chance to witness Nepal's fascinating nature close up. We are famous for our mountains, but we surely have a lot of other great foras and faunas.
During the trip, you will pass many ethnic villages and their culture, various species of birds and other wildlife. The Sunkoshi rafting which starts from between the mountains of Dolalghat unites with 6 other rivers, Tamakoshi, Dudh Koshi (Milk River), Indrawati, Bhote Koshi, Arun and Tamur at the terrain of Chatara.
This enthralling 10 Days river rafting expedition in Sunkoshi will take you away from the busy streets of Kathmandu, and give you an adventure of a lifetime.
Trekking is good, rafting is great! ;)
If you're looking for shorter river rafting adventures, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Bookmundi. We can easily arrange shorter trips as well.
Day 1: Travelling to our Starting Point of SunKoshi River
Day 2: Rafting Begins - Packuwarghat to Chainpur
Day 3: Class 4 Rapids starts - Chainpur to Jhagre
Day 4: Harkapur I and II Rapids - Jhagre to the Rai Ghat Beach
Day 5: Explorer Day- Staying at the beautiful Rai Ghat Beach
Day 6: Rapid Day - Dead Man’ Eddy Rapid - Camp at Rasuwaghat
Day 7: Jungle Corridor and Roller Coaster
Day 8: Meeting with Arun and Tamur. Camp near Tribeni
Day 9: Rafting - Visiting Holy Temple - Saptakoshi
Day 10: Bus Travelling - Back To Kathmandu.
- Professionally trained and certified river guides.
- Professionally trained and certified safety kayakers.
- Quality rafting and kayaking equipment, including boats, kayaks, helmets, paddles, life jackets, dry bags and pelican boxes.
- Accommodation in a camp and all necessary facilities including personal tents, individual mattress and sleeping bag, toilet tents etc.
- All meals while on the river – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Two way transportation – buses, 4WDs.
- River Permits.
- Visas, flights, other taxes etc.
- Personal items like toiletries, clothing, camera etc.
- Alcohol and other packed food.
- Insurance policy: paddlers need to have their own insurance since we only provide insurance to our crew.
- Tips for guides – we pay our guides and porters fairly but if you want you can tip them personally.
- Earn US$ 20+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
- What is the required budget for a trip to Nepal?
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
How much will a trip to Nepal cost?
How much you spend in Nepal is largely decided by things you want to do in the country. A 5-day trekking trip in Nepal can start from as little at USD 400 per person. A weekend-long safari in Chitwan National Park is available at less than USD 200.
On average, seven days in Nepal with accommodation and some or all meals included costs anywhere between USD 700 to USD 1500 per person. Good rooms at hotels in Nepal range from USD 25 to over USD 150 per person, per night, while around USD 1.5 a day can buy you three meals in decent restaurants.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
When should I travel to Nepal?
The best time to visit Nepal is during the months of spring (March, April, and May) as well as in autumn (September, October, and early November) after the monsoon has ended. These months offer the most favorable climate for travelers, with mild temperatures and fewer chances of rainfall. Learn more.