- 8 Days full-on rafting in one of Nepal's best and most exciting river rafting rivers!
- Beautiful nature, great camp sites, excellent rafting team, and above all, great rafting!
- Sunkoshi is not just a rafting tour, it is a 10 days amazing adventure in Nepal!
Running the gigantic waves and the intense yet predictable rapids of the crystal clear Sunkoshi river gives you more than just an adrenaline rush; it makes you feel something which can’t be simply expressed with words, and hence, you gotta try it!
The starting point of the 270 kilometers long river adventure is Dolalghat or Roshi Khola (Nepalthok), which is a 3-hour drive from Kathmandu valley, and the take out point, or end point at Day 10, is Chatara, which is a 16-hour drive from Kathmandu.
From straightforward waves to powerful and intense ones, the rapid of the river changes from class 3 to class 4 as you move further down the river. We will therefore start with easy rapids and slowly get you on top of how to handle bigger rapids.
The best seasons to gain a thrilling and a safe experience of rafting in Sunkoshi is from September to November and May to June. However, please note that Sunkoshi doesn’t just give you a thrilling rafting experience but also gives you a chance to witness Nepal's fascinating nature close up. We are famous for our mountains, but we surely have a lot of other great foras and faunas.
During the trip, you will pass many ethnic villages and their culture, various species of birds and other wildlife. The Sunkoshi rafting which starts from between the mountains of Dolalghat unites with 6 other rivers, Tamakoshi, Dudh Koshi (Milk River), Indrawati, Bhote Koshi, Arun and Tamur at the terrain of Chatara.
This enthralling 10 Days river rafting expedition in Sunkoshi will take you away from the busy streets of Kathmandu, and give you an adventure of a lifetime.
Trekking is good, rafting is great! ;)
If you're looking for shorter river rafting adventures, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Bookmundi. We can easily arrange shorter trips as well.
We will pick you up and drive you to the put-in-point, Dolalghat. The rafting equipment will be prepared; and safety and paddling instructions will be provided to each rafter to get you ready for the expedition. Few Rapids will be passing through, so paddling will be easy. At the end of the day, you will be experienced class 3 rapid. After floating a bit further down the river, we will set up a camp at Packuwarghat.
After a couple of class 3 and a class 4, we will reach Chainpur. We will camp there for the night and you can explore roam around the ancient village.
We will come across the thrilling and long class 4 rapids of Meat Grinder, Punch and Judy, Pre-anxiety and High Anxiety on day 3. The trip will begin with easy paddling and the difficulty will gradually increase as we go further. The campsite for this day will be Jhagre - a village development committee in the eastern Nepal.
We will be in need of a good team effort this day since we will come across some big rapids which are known as Harkapur I, II rapids. The rafters will camp at the beautiful Rai Ghat beach.
Rai Ghat Beach is the perfect starting point for a great exploration day in the local area, amidst wonderful nature.
You can stay at the same camp site, at the beach, or explore the Rai village nearby, take naps or sunbathe; or we can even continue our rafting trip if you prefer that!
Jaws of class 4 rapids is followed by the evil “Dead Man’ Eddy”, welcomes us on this day. After the notorious Evil Eddy comes small rapids at the end known as “Rhino Rock” which are interesting rapids with exciting waves. The campsite for day 6 is Rasuwaghat.
The 7th day will begin with continuous rapids of Jungle Corridor and 6 sets of Roller Coaster. After moving further down, we’ll come across a series of waterfalls; this is where we set our camp for the night.
We’ll come across small rapids of Big Dipper followed by Black hole. Sunkoshi joins with other two rivers, Arun and Tamur, giving the name Tribeni. This will be the camp site for the day.
On the final day, after rafting for about an hour and a half we’ll reach Baraha temple. And rafting for another hour and a half we’ll reach the Saptakoshi, which is the ending point of our alluring trip.
After finishing our great Sunkoshi River experience, we will drive back to Kathmandu in the early morning.
- Professionally trained and certified river guides.
- Professionally trained and certified safety kayakers.
- Quality rafting and kayaking equipment, including boats, kayaks, helmets, paddles, life jackets, dry bags and pelican boxes.
- Accommodation in a camp and all necessary facilities including personal tents, individual mattress and sleeping bag, toilet tents etc.
- All meals while on the river – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Two way transportation – buses, 4WDs.
- River Permits.
- Visas, flights, other taxes etc.
- Personal items like toiletries, clothing, camera etc.
- Alcohol and other packed food.
- Insurance policy: paddlers need to have their own insurance since we only provide insurance to our crew.
- Tips for guides – we pay our guides and porters fairly but if you want you can tip them personally.