- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness the second largest wildebeest migration in Africa
- Delight in the large herds of elephants in Chobe National Park
- Swim in the mighty Zambezi River and explore the little known Sioma Falls
- Enjoy a sunset cruise on the Chobe River
Witness the second largest wildebeest migration in Africa plus spectacular Victoria Falls. This semi-participation camping trip visits the little explored and stunning North Western part of Zambia, home to the second largest wildebeest migration in Africa (after the Serengeti / Masai Mara). This once a year safari experience when thousands of wildebeest travel from the Angolan Kameia National Park to the Zambian Liuwa Plains National Park is at its very best in November, and is the perfect adventure for the wildlife enthusiast. This area also offers some of the best hyena sightings in the whole of Africa! The tour commences in Botswana with game drives and a river cruise in Chobe National Park, where large numbers of elephants and hippos are regularly sighted. Our trip concludes in Livingstone, Zambia, but not before time is spent swimming in the mighty Zambezi River near Sioma Falls and admiring the thunderous Victoria Falls.
Day 1 : Join in Kasane, game drive in Chobe National Park
Day 2 : Morning game drive, Chobe River boat cruise
Day 3 : Drive to Liuwa Plains via Mango Tree Road
Day 4-8 : Liuwa Plains National Park, game drives
Day 9 : Drive to Sioma Falls via Mango Tree Road
Day 10-11 : Sioma Falls
Day 12 : Drive to Livingstone, Zambia
Day 13 : At leisure in Livingstone, Zambia
Day 14 : In Livingstone, trip concludes
- 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 11 dinners
- Private transport in specialised safari vehicle
- English speaking local guide and camp assistant
- 2 nights in safari lodge on a twinshare basis
- 11 nights limited participation camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including spacious dome tent and mattress (sleeping bag and pillow not included)
- Game drives and river excursions as listed in itinerary
- National park and conservation fees
- international flights and airport taxes
- airport arrival and departure transfers
- sleeping bag and small pillow on all camping sectors
- restaurant meals in Kasane, Livingstone or Zambia
- entrance to Victoria Falls
- items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- optional excursions eg. scenic flight over the Delta and activities in Livingstone/Victoria Falls
- beverages (alcohol, soft drinks and bottled mineral water)
- travel insurance
- optional 4 night/5 day extension to the Savuti region of Chobe National Park and Moremi Game Reserve (please ask us for details)
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 122 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 500 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 01 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Zambia Liuwa Plains Migration Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Zambia Liuwa Plains Migration Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.