- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sea kayaking over ancient ruinsin Kekova Bay, visiting a medieval castle.
- Snorkelling looking for fish as we snorkel in sandy bays
- Swimming in the warm waters of the Med from the boat or beach
- Canoeing along the Xanthos River, ending up at a secluded beach
Spend two weeks amongst the beautiful landscapes of ancient Lycia. Canoe to the ancient city of Xanthos, discover hidden beaches along the coastline, sea kayak over sunken ruins and explore ancient villages in the Taurus Mountains. The first week is based in the harbour town of Kas with its cobbled streets and street cafe culture followed by a week sailing along the coast on a traditional gullet. Snorkelling - Look for fish as we snorkel in sandy bays and swimming in the warm waters of the Med from the boat or beach Canoeing - along the Xanthos River, ending up at a secluded beach Stargazing - Sleeping on the deck of our boat Sailing - seven nights on a traditional style wooden gulet, being as active as you want
Lots of great things about this trip: Day of the Dead in Oaxaca was amazing! Loads of different pre-Hispanic sites (and good historical commentary), fascinating opportunities to experience indigenous communities (the visit to San Juan Chamula in San Cristbal was utterly unique and a real high spot), chances to buy high quality textiles made by local people, variety of accommodation including the Frontera lodge which we accessed by riverboat. ”
Day 1 : Join trip in Kas
Day 2 : Full day boat trip from Kas, swimming and snorkelling from the boat
Day 3 : Walks in the foothills of the Taurus Mountains, stopping for a traditional Turkish lunch
Day 4 : Free day; optional boat trip to the Greek island of Kastellorizo
Day 5 : Visit the ancient Lycian site of Xanthos; canoe trip down Xanthos River to a beach at Patara
Day 6 : In Kas; optional trip to Myra, the home of Father Christmas
Day 7 : Sea-kayaking over sunken ruins to Kekova Island, visit Simena Castle.
Day 8 : Drive to Fethiye and board Gulet
Day 9 : Riverboat to Caunus; gulet to Yassica Island
Day 10 : Sail to Gemiler Island via Tersane and Batik Hammam
Day 11 : Cruise to Kalkan; optional visit to Xanthos and Saklikent Gorge
Day 12 : Sail to Kekova
Day 13 : Optional Sea-Kayaking; sail to Kas
Day 14 : Westward sail towards Fethiye
Day 15 : Trip ends Fethiye
- 7 nights comfortable hotel
- 14 Breakfast, 9 Lunch, 7 Dinner
- Bus, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader, Activity Guide(s), Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Kas and from Fethiye are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Turkey Coastal Active Adventure and Cruise tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 95 today.
- Save US$ 63+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Turkey Coastal Active Adventure and Cruise tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 181 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 09 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Family Turkey Coastal Active Adventure and Cruise tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Turkey Coastal Active Adventure and Cruise tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.