Uganda Overland: Gorillas & Chimps
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-4881
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- See a mountain gorilla up close and personal.
- Search for chimpanzees in Kalinzu Forest Reserve.
- Opt to raft the White Nile River
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Take your love for all things furry and wild to the next level on a nine-day animal-spotting overland adventure in Uganda. Spot chimps in Kalinzu Forest and join experienced trackers while travelling deep into the Ugandan forests for an opportunity to spot endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. Our Landos (overland adventure vehicles) are an adventurous and affordable way to see the highlights, while wilderness camping will keep you in the thick of the action.
Day 1: Kampala
Day 2: Kampala/Lake Bunyonyi
Day 3: Gorilla Trek
Day 4: Lake Bunyonyi
Day 5: Lake Bunyonyi/Kalinzu Forest Reserve
Day 6: Kalinzu Forest Reserve/Lake Mburo National Park
Day 7: Lake Mburo National Park/Jinja
Day 8: Jinja
Day 9: Jinja/Kampala
- Participation camping (7 nts), hostel (multi-share dorm 1 nt). Please note that all nights are camping on this particular trip.
7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners
Note: Allow USD95-125 for meals not included.
- Lando (overland adventure vehicle), minibuses, walking.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, certified mountain gorilla trackers, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: AidChild Cafe & Gallery, Kayabwe
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Jinja
- Guided mountain gorilla trek with permits
- Entrance and chimpanzee tracking in Kalinzu Forest Reserve
- Tea plantation visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Kampala are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Uganda Overland: Gorillas & Chimps tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 111 today.
- Earn US$ 74+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uganda Overland: Gorillas & Chimps tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uganda Overland: Gorillas & Chimps tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uganda Overland: Gorillas & Chimps tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.