- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- age_requirement 18-39 yrs
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See a mountain gorilla up close and personal.
- Search for chimpanzees in Kalinzu Forest Reserve.
- Opt to raft the White Nile River
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Take your love for all things furry and wild to the next level on a nine-day animal-spotting overland adventure in Uganda. Spot chimps in Kalinzu Forest and join experienced trackers while travelling deep into the Ugandan forests for an opportunity to spot endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. Our Landos (overland adventure vehicles) are an adventurous and affordable way to see the highlights, while wilderness camping will keep you in the thick of the action.
Day 1: Kampala
Day 2: Kampala/Lake Bunyonyi
Day 3: Gorilla Trek
Day 4: Lake Bunyonyi
Day 5: Lake Bunyonyi/Kalinzu Forest Reserve
Day 6: Kalinzu Forest Reserve/Lake Mburo National Park
Day 7: Lake Mburo National Park/Jinja
Day 8: Jinja
Day 9: Jinja/Kampala
- Participation camping (7 nts), hostel (multi-share dorm 1 nt). Please note that all nights are camping on this particular trip.
7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners
Note: Allow USD95-125 for meals not included.
- Lando (overland adventure vehicle), minibuses, walking.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, certified mountain gorilla trackers, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: AidChild Equation Cafe & Gallery, Kayabwe
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Jinja
- Guided mountain gorilla trek with permits
- Entrance and chimpanzee tracking in Kalinzu Forest Reserve
- Tea plantation visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Kampala are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Uganda Overland: Gorillas & Chimps tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 110 today.
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uganda Overland: Gorillas & Chimps tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uganda Overland: Gorillas & Chimps tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uganda Overland: Gorillas & Chimps tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.