- duration 26 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Overnight in stunning Mburu NP with optional guided walk
- 2 night safari in QEII NP including boat trip
- Calmly sit eyetoeye with a Silverback mountain gorilla
- Optional forest trekking in Ruhengeri & Volcanoes NP
We travel to Lake Mburo NP, the only park in Uganda with impalas, slender mongooses and giant bush rats, and Queen Elizabeth NP, where we can see hippos, hyenas, chimps, elephants, leopards and lions.
Trek into Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to find the amazing mountain gorillas, you’ll also get a chance to trek to see the chimpanzees of Nyungwe Forest National Park, Rwanda's most bio diverse area.
On this trip we'll also enjoy the classic East Africa safari experience, visiting some of the most famous game parks in the world, including the Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater. We hope to see elephant, lion, leopard, giraffe, and other big game during our drives here. We also have an optional hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti which many people say is an absolute highlight of their trip.
We also have three days to follow part of the Congo Nile Trail, a 227km trail which winds along the coast of Lake Kivu in Rwanda, stopping off at local villages and coffee plantations and wild camping on the way.
Day 1: Kampala
Day 2: Lake Mburo NP
Day 3: Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 4: Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 5: Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 6: Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 7: Ruhengeri
Day 8: Kibuye
Day 9: Nyungwe NP
Day 10: Nyungwe NP
Day 11: Kigali
Day 12: Kigali
Day 13: Congo Nile Trail
Day 14: Congo Nile Trail
Day 15: Congo Nile Trail
Day 16: Bukoba
Day 17: Bukoba
Day 18: Mwanza
Day 19: Mwanza
Day 20: Bunda
Day 21: Mto Wa Mbu
Day 22: Serengeti NP
Day 23: Serengeti NP
Day 24: Mto Wa Mbu
Day 25: Nairobi
Day 26: Nairobi
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Private Bus, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- Multishare Hostel 5 nights
- Camping without facilities 1 night
- Camping 19 nights
- 50 Breakfasts
- 38 Lunches
- 38 Dinners
- Any international flights to Kampala and from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Serengeti, Gorillas & Beyond tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 254+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Serengeti, Gorillas & Beyond tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Serengeti, Gorillas & Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Serengeti, Gorillas & Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.