- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Overnight in stunning Mburu NP with optional guided walk
- 2 night safari in QEII NP including boat trip
- Calmly sit eyetoeye with a Silverback mountain gorilla
- Optional forest trekking in Ruhengeri & Volcanoes NP
This is a quick, wildlife-packed tour of Rwanda and Uganda,
which you can fit into two weeks' holiday. We set off from Uganda's capital,
Kampala, to explore some of the best National Parks in East Africa. We travel
to Lake Mburo NP, the only park in Uganda with impalas, slender mongooses and
giant bush rats, and Queen Elizabeth NP, where we can see hippos, hyenas,
chimps, elephants, leopards and lions.The centrepiece and highlight of this tour is gorilla trekking
in Bwindi Impenetrable NP. There are still barely 1,000 mountain gorillas left
in the world, so this is a rare experience and one which many people find
incredibly moving. On top of that, we also have the option to see more
endangered primates on a trek to track Golden Monkeys in Volcanoes NP, as well
as trekking chimpanzees in Nyungwe Forest NP, Rwanda's most bio diverse area,
before finishing our trip in Kigali.
Day 1: Kampala
Day 2: Lake Mburo NP
Day 3: Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 4: Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 5: Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 6: Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 7: Ruhengeri
Day 8: Kibuye
Day 9: Nyungwe NP
Day 10: Nyungwe NP
Day 11: Kigali
Day 12: Kigali
- 11 Breakfasts
- 8 Lunches
- 8 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Private Bus, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, African Camp Master
- Any international flights to Kampala and from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Gorillas, Chimps & Rwanda tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorillas, Chimps & Rwanda tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gorillas, Chimps & Rwanda tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorillas, Chimps & Rwanda tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.