- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness endangered gorillas in their natural habitat
- Climb up a volcanic mountain and get amazing views
- Take photos of yourself crossing the Equator
Not only will you be taken by our expert guides to witness the endangered mountain gorillas of Uganda on this 4-day trip, but you will also have the opportunity to climb up a mighty volcanic mountain, on top of which you will have splendid views!
Day 1: Kampala - Kisoro, Uganda (Day 1: Kampala - Kisoro, Uganda)
Day 2: Kisoro, Uganda (Day 2: Kisoro, Uganda)
Day 3: Kisoro, Uganda (Day 3: Kisoro, Uganda)
Day 4: Kisoro - Kampala, Uganda (Day 4: Kisoro - Kampala, Uganda)
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Kisoro
- 3 Breakfast(s)
- All transfers as per itinerary
- Gorilla tracking day
- 1 Activity in Kisoro on Day 3 (only the Batwa trek activity costs an extra $80 USD)
- English speaking driver/guide
- Park entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Tips and gratitude
- Food & drinks (other than water)
- Personal expenses
- Medical & travel insurance
- Accommodation in Entebbe / Kampala
- Payments: Airport departure tax
- Gorrilla & Chimps Permits (They will be automatically included at check out as they are mandatory for the reservation of this package) -Before Apr 2020 Mandatory Gorilla Permit USD 630 -After Apr 2020 Mandatory Gorilla Permit USD 735 -Before Apr 2020 Mandatory Chimps Permit USD 157.5 -After Apr 2020 Mandatory Chimps Permit USD 210
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 63+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorillas & Volcanoes Safari 4D/3N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 537 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 18 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Gorillas & Volcanoes Safari 4D/3N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorillas & Volcanoes Safari 4D/3N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi can be challenging, and travellers need to be in shape.
What to Bring
- Walking shoes suitable for steep muddy slopes and carry a rain jacket because the park is often wet.
- Rain gear, sunscreen lotion, a hat (as the weather is unpredictable) and insect repellent.
- Extra spending money for personal expenses during your trip: snacks, drinks, souvenirs, tips and souvenirs. As a general guideline we recommend budgeting US$10-15 per day.
Gorilla Trek Rules
For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to.
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas and cover your nose & mouth if you have to sneeze or cough.
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed off properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park; use your hankie or other garment.
As in many areas where tourism is an important contributor to the economy it has become customary to offer a small gratuity to local staff at the end of the tour if service has been of a high standard. Naturally this always remains at your discretion.
Yellow Fever Vaccine
Please note that you are required to have an up-to-date yellow fever vaccine to travel in Uganda. You can arrange this in your home country and bring proof, or you can have the vaccine done in the airport upon arrival to Uganda for around US$40. Rules and restrictions are always changing, so please make sure to do your own research for vaccines and visas before arriving in Uganda.