- Walking tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Queen Elizabeth National Park Game viewing in Uganda's finest reserve
- Kibale National Park The best destination for chimp tracking
- Rwenzori Walk An exciting day walk at the foothills of the majestic 'Mountains of the Moon'
- Kazinga Channel An exhilarating cruise looking out for hippo, crocodile, elephant and birdlife
A once in a lifetime chance to experience the ultimate wildlife encounter: to get up close and personal with the endangered mountain gorilla in their natural habitat, Bwindi national park. Plus opportunities to track chimps and take game drives, this is a perfect trip for wildlife lovers. Kibale National Park - Spend a day tracking chimpanzees through the jungle; as well as the chance to spot another 13 species of primate including the Ugandan red colobus Queen Elizabeth National Park - Safari through Uganda's finest reserve in search of lion, elephant and buffalo Kazinga Channel - Take an exhilarating cruise looking out for hippo, crocodile, elephant and birdlife
Day 1 : Join trip in Kampala
Day 2 : Drive to Kibale rainforest
Day 3 : Chimp Trek in Kibale followed by a Swamp Walk through the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary
Day 4 : Day walk at the foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 5 : Game drive Queen Elizabeth National Park; Kazinga Channel river cruise.
Day 6 : Short game drive in the Ishasha sector; transfer to Bwindi National Park
Day 7 : Gorilla trek
Day 8 : Nature walk and time at leisure in Bwindi
Day 9 : Drive to Lake Bunyonyi through coffee plantations and rolling hills
Day 10 : Transfer to Lake Mburo and game drive
Day 11 : Drive to Entebbe where the tour ends
- 10 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Cassia Lodge (1 night)
- Primate Lodge Kibale (2 nights)
- Elephant Plains Lodge (2 nights)
- Bwindi National Park Lodge (3 nights)
- Arcadia Cottages (1 night)
- Rwakobo Rock Safari Lodge (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Kampala and from Entebbe are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Gorilla and Chimp Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 211+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gorilla and Chimp Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gorilla and Chimp Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gorilla and Chimp Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.