East Africa Overland: Serengeti & Safari Drives
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- National parks
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-16555
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Starts/Ends Kampala, Uganda/ Stone Town, Tanzania
- Track the "big five" on wildlife safari drives in the Serengeti National Park.
- Meet mountain gorillas.
- Raft the White Nile River.
- Discover Zanzibar's crystalclear waters
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. From the wildlife of Uganda to the source of the Nile and onto the sunny beaches of Zanzibar, this 19-day journey overland across East Africa is nothing short of mind-boggling and mind-blowing. Track mountain gorillas through remote forest for a once-in-a-lifetime experience and pursue the elusive "big five" across open savannah on wildlife safari drives. Our Landos (overland adventure vehicles) are an adventurous and affordable way to see the highlights while wilderness camping will bring you as close as you can get to the region’s wildlife.
Day 1: Kampala
Day 2: Kampala/Lake Bunyonyi
Day 3: Gorilla Trek
Day 4: Lake Bunyonyi
Day 5: Lake Bunyonyi/Kalinzu Forest Reserve
Day 6: Kalinzu Forest Reserve/Lake Mburo National Park
Day 7: Lake Mburo National Park/Jinja
Day 8: Jinja
Day 9: Jinja/Eldoret
Day 10: Eldoret/Nairobi
Day 11: Nairobi/Arusha
Day 12: Arusha/Serengeti National Park
Day 13: Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro
Day 14: Ngorongoro/Arusha
Day 15: Arusha/Dar es Salaam
Day 16: Dar es Salaam/Stone Town
Day 17: Beach day in Zanzibar
Day 18: Beach day in Zanzibar
Day 19: Stone Town
- Basic hotel (2 nts, single or twin-share), participation camping (9 nts), full-service camping (2 nts), hostels (5 nts, multi-share with 3-4 people).
17 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners
Note: Allow USD250-325 for meals not included.
- Lando (overland adventure vehicle), 4x4 safari vehicles, minibus, walking, shared shuttle, private shuttle, tuk-tuk, ferry.
- Uganda portion: 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) as head guide/cook and driver, certified mountain gorilla trackers, local guides. Tanzania portion: certified safari guides/drivers, local guides. 1 CEO on transfer between Nairobi and Arusha, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Zanzibar.
- Your G for Good Moment: AidChild Cafe & Gallery, Kayabwe
- Your G for Good Moment: Mto wa Mbu Village Visit and Lunch, Mto wa Mbu
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Jinja
- Guided mountain gorilla trek in Bwindi with permits
- Entrance and chimpanzee tracking in Kalinzu Forest Reserve
- Tea plantation visit
- Transfer from Jinja to Nairobi
- Entrances and wildlife safari drives in Serengeti National Park and in Ngorongoro Crater
- Ferry to Zanzibar
- Stone Town orientation walk
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kampala and from Stone Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this East Africa Overland: Serengeti & Safari Drives tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 175+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this East Africa Overland: Serengeti & Safari Drives tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
East Africa Overland: Serengeti & Safari Drives tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this East Africa Overland: Serengeti & Safari Drives tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.