- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Admire a family of mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
- Trek to see chimpanzees in Uganda.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the plentiful elephant and hippo populations in Queen Elizabeth National Park
There’s a wealth of adventure to be had in both Uganda and Rwanda, especially now that tourists are beginning to rediscover this region. We keep this trip small and intimate to create a deep connection with this captivating land. Of course, there’ll be trekking to spot chimps and gorillas, and wildlife drives through Queen Elizabeth National Park to see elephants and hippos, but we’ll also visit the genocide museum for a closer look at the recent history of the region. Trust us: Uganda and Rwanda will stay in your memory for a very long time.
Day 1: Kampala
Day 2: Kampala/Fort Portal
Day 3: Kibale National Park
Day 4: Kibale NP/Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 5: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 6: Queen Elizabeth NP/Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Day 7: Gorilla Trekking
Day 8: Bwindi/Kigali
- Standard hotel (1 nt), simple furnished tents/rooms (6 nts).
7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD150-195 for meals not included.
- Private van, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) /driver throughout, experienced gorilla trackers, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Local Lunch, Kigali
- Guest farm stay near Kibale National Park
- Chimpanzee trek
- Bigodi community lunch
- Queen Elizabeth National Park wildlife safari drives
- Guided gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Visit to Kigali Genocide Museum
- All national park fees and trekking permits
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kampala and from Kigali are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Culture & Wildlife of Uganda & Rwanda tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 129+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Culture & Wildlife of Uganda & Rwanda tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Culture & Wildlife of Uganda & Rwanda tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Culture & Wildlife of Uganda & Rwanda tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 15 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Merchandising : Jane Goodall CollectionA selection of wildlife-focused tours endorsed by world renowned primatologist Dr. Jane Goodall. Your purchase of a Jane Goodall Collection tour helps G Adventures support the Jane Goodall Institute’s mission to protect wildlife and empower local communities. Learn more.
- 5. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.