- duration 7 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Marvelling at the hilltop towns of Groznjan, Motovun and Buzet
- Visiting Hum, the smallest town in the world
- Hiking in Ucka Nature Park
- Discovering the rich cultural heritage and local culinary delicacies
Self guided walk through the green countryside of Istria, full of medieval towns and beautiful vineyards. Beautiful hilltop towns, green landscapes awash with vineyards and olive groves, truffles, wine and fascinating culture - these are just some of the highlights of the Istrian countryside. Istria is full of superb villages and medieval towns, all located on picturesque hilltops. Discover on foot lush valleys, rolling vineyards, forests and olive groves, together with the history and culture of a region unlike any other in Croatia. You'll visit Groznjan with its artistic vibes, Hum which is officially the smallest town in the world, Buzet which is the truffle capital of Croatia, and the charming cobblestone town of Motovun. Follow a section of the Parezana trail and hike to the summit of Istria's highest mountain. On this week long tour you're sure to experience the absolute best of Istria, staying in charming local hotels and guesthouses.
Day 1 : Arrive in the Buje area
Day 2 : Transfer to Brtonigla, loop walk through vineyards and olive groves (3-4hrs)
Day 3 : Walk from Groznjan to Motovun on the Parenzana trail (7-8hrs or 5-6hrs)
Day 4 : Transfer to Oprtalj, walk through forest and villages to Buzet (5-6hrs)
Day 5 : Loop walk to Hum, the smallest town in the world (7-8hrs or 3-4hrs)
Day 6 : Transfer to Poklon, walk to Ucka mountain (1401m) and on to Lovran (4-5hrs)
Day 7 : Trip concludes
- 6 nights in 3-4 star hotels and guesthouses on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (option to upgrade hotels to 4* - supplement applies)
- Information pack with route notes and maps per room booked
- 6 breakfasts
- Luggage transfer
- All transfers as noted in the itinerary
- Welcome briefing
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Volpija/Kaldanija and from Lovran
- Lunch, dinner and drinks daily
- Transfers not included as part of the itinerary
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- GPS Garmin Oregon 450 or Etrex 35 hire (available for a supplement)
- Tour guide - this is a self guided walk
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 50 today.
- Save US$ 33+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Villages of Istria Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Villages of Istria Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Villages of Istria Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.