- Marvelling at the hilltop towns of Groznjan, Motovun and Buzet
- Visiting Hum, the smallest town in the world
- Hiking in Ucka Nature Park
- Discovering the rich cultural heritage and local culinary delicacies
- Exploring part of the Parenzana railway trail with its great historical significance
Beautiful hilltop towns, green landscapes awash with vineyards and olive groves, truffles, wine and fascinating culture - these are just some of the highlights of the Istrian countryside. Istria is full of superb villages and medieval towns, all located on picturesque hilltops. Discover on foot lush valleys, rolling vineyards, forests and olive groves, together with the history and culture of a region unlike any other in Croatia. You'll visit Groznjan with its artistic vibes, Hum which is officially the smallest town in the world, Buzet which is the truffle capital of Croatia, and the charming cobblestone town of Motovun. Follow a section of the Parezana trail and hike to the summit of Istria's highest mountain. On this week long tour you're sure to experience the absolute best of Istria, staying in charming local hotels and guesthouses.
Day 1 : Arrive in the Buje area
Day 2 : Walk through vineyards and olive groves from Brtonigla to the Buje region (4-5hrs)
Day 3 : Walk from Groznjan to Motovun on the Parenzana trail (7-8hrs or 5-6hrs)
Day 4 : Loop walk from Motovun (4-5hrs)
Day 5 : Transfer to Oprtalj, walk through forests, fields and villages to Buzet (5-6hrs)
Day 6 : Loop walk to Hum, the smallest town in the world (7-8hrs or 3-4hrs)
Day 7 : Transfer to Poklon, walk to Ucka mountain (1401m) and on to Lovran (4-5hrs)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights in 3-4 star hotels and guesthouses on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (option to upgrade hotels to 4* - supplement applies)
- 7 breakfasts
- Transfers as noted in the itinerary
- Information pack with route notes and maps per room booked and smartphone app access. GPS tracks available on request
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to the Buje area and from Lovran. Private arrival and departure transfers are available - supplement applies - please ask our team.
- Lunch, dinner and drinks daily
- Transfers not included as part of the itinerary
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- GPS Garmin Oregon 450 or Etrex 35 hire (available for a supplement)
- Tour guide - this is a self guided walk
- A supplement will apply if you are travelling solo or book a single room
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Villages of Istria Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 May 2024, a deposit of 190 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Villages of Istria Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Villages of Istria Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.