Jordan Budget Tours
Venture to the most notable and famous sights as well as to some less touristy places in one of our Jordan budget tours. This way you will get the real taste of the land—and it will be no less of fun. Below are a few budget tours in Jordan that you may wish to consider as a thrifty traveler:
- Budget City Sightseeing Tour in Petra: Taking a budget tour to Petra is an affordable way to experience the wonder of this ancient city. Explore the iconic structures, like the Treasury (Al-Khazneh), the Monastery (Ad Deir), and Petra Theater, all of which offer a glimpse into Petra's rich history and culture. Budget tours may not include the bells and whistles of more expensive tours, but they still provide the opportunity to see and appreciate the “Rose City” in its full glory.
- Budget Desert Safari in Wadi Rum: Home to nomadic Bedouin tribes, Wadi Rum offers reasonable and affordable ways to get lost in its stunning desert landscape. On a budget tour, you will explore the undulating sand dunes and towering rock formations without hampering your wallet. With short hikes in between your jeep ride en route to Um Frouth Rock Arch and Burrah Canyon, enjoy the otherworldly desert scape, and spend the nights in cozy private tents under starry sky.
Budget Jordan tours by age
Budget tours in Jordan are bursting with adventures and excursions that will transport visitors back in time when the Nabateans and Romans constructed the most extraordinary sites. There are numerous Jordan budget tours that cater to a variety of age groups.
Budget Jordan tours based on popular travel theme
Whether you like to delve into the history of Jordan, be among nature and wildlife, or set out on a desert adventure, you can find budget tours for every category. Here are a few of our favorites.
Duration-based budget Jordan tours
Exploring a country as unique and interesting as Jordan takes a bit of time. Still, you can always find a well-organized budget Jordan tour designed around the time you can spare for a holiday. Below are some of the popular budget Jordan tours based on duration.
Of course, you can also plan a customized trip to Jordan with our local travel experts.
Travel experience and benefits of budget Jordan tours
- Budget tours in Jordan favors several off-the-beaten-path destinations, providing you a little more insight into native life.
- From traveling in local buses to sampling traditional cuisines, budget tours in Jordan offer less touristy and more authentic holiday experience.
- The less money you spend, the slower and longer you can travel. This way, you can spend more time in Jordan exploring each place a little more in-depth.
- As thrifty travelers are usually inclined to travel in groups, expenses are low. What is more, your traveling companions could become your lifelong friends.
- Taking inexpensive transport modes such as local buses, or even traveling by foot is a great way to take in the breathtaking landscapes of Jordan, which are often missed when traveling by flight.
Tips when doing budget Jordan tours
- You can take advantage of low-cost accommodation and transport by traveling during the low seasons in Jordan: winter (December to February) and summer (June to August).
- Instead of hiring a private driver and guide, you can take the JETT bus to Petra. Sharing taxis is also a common practice in Jordan to save money.
- Stay in local boutique hotels instead of foreign chain hotels. Jordan also has a wide selection of budget hostels for backpackers.
- Buying a Jordan Pass, a tourist package that provides admission to over 40 places, including Petra and Wadi Rum, is a great way to save money. It also waives visa expenses if you remain in Jordan for at least three nights.