- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Victoria Falls
- Kalahari Desert
- Okavango Delta
- Chobe National Park
This 15-day adventure starts and finishes in Johannesburg with its extensive flight connections, and then heads into Botswana and the Kalahari desert, home to the nomadic San hunter gatherers. We then continue to the jewel of Botswana, the Okavango Delta where several optional extensions are available to see more of the park. Chobe National Park, famous for its large numbers of wild elephants as well as numerous other big game is next, before we arrive at the iconic Victoria Falls. We have some time to see the falls and do some of the many activities available here before entering Zimbabwel. Heading south through the country, you'll visit both Hwange and Matopos National parks before reaching the famous ruins of Great Zimbabwe. Our final stop is a relaxing one at the Tshipise hot springs before the tour finishes on arrival back in Johannesburg.
The tour is available either based mainly on camping in traditional 2-person tents (which we provide together with camp beds), or as an upgraded 'accommodated' version where you sleep in lodges, hotels, or permanent camps (with proper beds & facilities). Details of each night's stay are given in the Facilities section of the daily itinerary. Pricing shown is based on camping - please contact us for prices to upgrade to the accommodated level.
Day 1 Johannesburg to Kalahari Gateway
Day 2 Kalahari Gateway to Ghanzi
Day 3 Maun, gateway to the Delta
Day 4 Okavango Delta
Day 5 Okavango Delta - Moremi Game Reserve
Day 6 Nata
Day 7 Chobe National Park
Day 8 Kasane to Victoria Falls
Day 9 - Victoria Falls
Day 10 - Victoria Falls to Hwange National Park
Day 11 - Hwange National Park
Day 12 - atopos National Park
Day 13 - Great Zimbabwe Ruins
Day 14 - Tshipise
Day 15 - Johannesburg
- 14 nights accommodation camping or in hotels/lodges/guesthouses (supplement applies)
- Meals: 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 14 dinners
- All transport in a 25-seat expedition vehicle
- 2 truck crew (driver/guide plus assistant/cook)
- Local guides for sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- All 'included highlights' as mentioned in the itinerary
- International Flights (available on request)
- Visa fees if required
- Travel Insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Activity Package and optional activities (see itinerary)
- 'Accommodated hotel upgrade' (hotels/lodges/permanent camps instead of camping)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guides & drivers
- Entrance fees and activities not mentioned above
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 151 today.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wildlife and Waterfalls tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wildlife and Waterfalls tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wildlife and Waterfalls tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.