- duration 47 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Start your journey in Johannesburg, search for the Big Five in Kruger National Park and see the impressive Blyde River Canyon
- Visit the Great Zimbabwe Ruins, spot wildlife in Matobo and Hwange national parks and take in the Zimbabwean side of Victoria Falls
- Game drive through Chobe National Park and camp out in the wilderness of the reserve, listening to the sounds of the nocturnal wildlife
- Marvel at the Zambian side of majestic Victoria Falls from Livingstone and explore South Luangwa National Park
Discover seven different countries, travelling from South Africa northbound to Kenya. Spot wildlife in some of Africa's most abundant game parks, trek for gorilla in Uganda, relax and unwind on Zanzibars beautiful beaches and soak up Africa’s incredible sights. Experience all that this majestic continent has to offer, up close and personal!
Day: 1 Johannesburg
Day: 2-3 Kruger National Park
Day: 4 Blyde River Canyon
Day: 5 Polokwane
Day: 6 Great Zimbabwe Ruins
Day: 7 Bulawayo
Day: 8 Matobo N.P.
Day: 9-10 Hwange National Park
Day: 11 Victoria Falls
Day: 12-13 Victoria Falls
Day: 14 Chobe National Park
Day: 15 Livingstone
Day: 16-18 South Luangwa
Day: 19-21 Lake Malawi
Day: 22 Iringa
Day: 23 Dar es Salaam
Day: 24-26 Zanzibar
Day: 27 Zanzibar
Day: 28-29 Arusha
Day: 30-32 Serengeti & Ngorongoro
Day: 33 Nairobi
Day: 34-35 Masai Mara
Day: 36 Kisumu
Day: 37 Kampala
Day: 38-41 Optional Gorilla Trekking
Day: 42 Kampala
Day: 43 Jinja
Day: 44 Lake Nakuru
Day: 45-46 Lake Naivasha
Day: 47 Nairobi
- 1st night dormitory accommodation at Mufasa Backpackers Johannesburg (upgrades available) and 42 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise
- 41 breakfasts, 37 lunches, 37 dinners
- Arrival transfer from Johannesburg Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- All road taxes and tolls
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- Park entry - Lake Naivasha NP and Victoria Falls NP. Park entry and game drive - Kruger NP, South Luangwa NP, Matobo NP, Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru NP, Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP and Chobe NP
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda and Uganda, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into. Permits are subject to availability and need to be booked in advance.
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Sleeping bag - please bring your own
- Optional activities
- Entrance Fees: Gorilla Permit + Transfer USD$720-870pp, paid in USD
- Local payment - $2640pp, paid in USD
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 152+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Big Overlander Northbound - 47 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Big Overlander Northbound - 47 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Big Overlander Northbound - 47 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.