Southern Africa Safari Experience
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 18 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-10254
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
Witness some of nature’s greatest spectacles on safari in southern Africa’s celebrated national parks, including Kruger National Park and Chobe National Park. Enjoy an unforgettable wildlife walk with a local guide in the heart of the Okavango Delta, the world’s largest inland delta system and a UNESCO World Heritage site; drive through Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe searching for large herds of elephants; and sit down to a family dinner at a private home near Victoria Falls.
Day 1: Johannesburg
Day 2: Johannesburg/Greater Kruger Area
Day 3: Kruger National Park
Day 4: Greater Kruger Area/Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 5: Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 6: Karongwe Private Game Reserve/Johannesburg
Day 7: Johannesburg/Victoria Falls
Day 8: Victoria Falls
Day 9: Victoria Falls
Day 10: Victoria Falls/Hwange National Park
Day 11: Hwange National Park
Day 12: Hwange/Chobe NP
Day 13: Chobe NP
Day 14: Kasane/Okavango Delta
Day 15: Okavango Delta
Day 16: Okavango Delta
Day 17: Okavango Delta/Maun
Day 18: Maun
- Hotels (6 nts), family run lodge (2 nts), safari lodges/camps (7 nts), comfortable tent or chalets (2 nts).
17 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 15 dinners
Note: Allow USD215-280 for meals not included.
- Plane, air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, 4x4, walking, boat, mokoro.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) for Kruger and Botswana, local CEO in Victoria Falls, local guides/rangers.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Carnivore Conservation Experience, Karongwe Private Game Reserve
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Zimbabwean Family Dinner, Victoria Falls
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Painted Dog Conservation, Hwange National Park
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Okavango Wilderness Project Experience, Okavango Delta
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Botswana Storytelling and Traditional Dinner, Maun
- Your Foodie Moment: Traditional South Africa Braai (Barbecue), Johannesburg
- Your Discover Moment: Victoria Falls
- Arrival transfer
- Panorama Route scenic drive
- Private nature reserve wildlife safari drives in open vehicles
- Open-vehicle wildlife safari drives in Kruger, Hwange and Chobe National Parks
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Chobe boat safari
- Wildlife excursions by boat and on foot in the Okavango Delta
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Maun are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Africa Safari Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 345+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Africa Safari Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Africa Safari Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Africa Safari Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.