South Africa: Walking & Wildlife
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Walking tour
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7949
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Embark on several days hiking in the spectacular Drakensberg Mountains
- Explore Royal Natal National Park and the amazing rock formation, the Amphitheatre
- Walk through the mountainous terrain of Eswatini (Swaziland)
- Take morning and afternoon game drives in Kruger National Park
- Enjoy a game walk and drive in a private game reserve
Rising high above the veld, the Drakensberg, which translates as Dragon Mountain, forms an imposing, dramatic and quintessentially South African scene, perfect for exploring on foot. Along with the fantastic walking opportunities, we take time to discover the amazing wildlife of the country, hoping to see elephants, lions, rhinos, leopards, giraffes, cheetahs and much more. Complementing our journey are more walks and visits to Eswatini (Swaziland), St Lucia and the Battlefields.
Day 1: Start Johannesburg; to Graskop
Day 2: Explore the Panorama Route; walk the Leopard, Guineafowl and Kadishi-Tufa trails
Day 3: Drive to Letaba Ranch Reserve; afternoon game drive
Day 4: Morning game walk; free afternoon
Day 5: Transfer to Kruger National Park; afternoon game drive
Day 6: Morning game drive in Kruger; transfer to Eswatini (Swaziland)
Day 7: Full day walk in Malolotja
Day 8: Visit craft market; to St Lucia
Day 9: Morning boat cruise and game walk; afternoon visit Cape Vidal
Day 10: Transfer to battlefields; hike the fugitive trail
Day 11: To Royal Natal National Park; afternoon walk.
Day 12: Tugela Gorge hike
Day 13: Full-day hike to Witsieshoek
Day 14: Hike to Tugela Falls, the second tallest waterfall in the world
Day 15: Drive through Golden Gate National Park en route to Johannesburg; end Johannesburg.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 11 lunches, seven dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Africa: Walking & Wildlife tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 September 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 September 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Africa: Walking & Wildlife tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa: Walking & Wildlife tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.