- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Several days hiking in the spectacular Drakensberg Mountains
- Royal Natal National Park and the amazing rock formation, the 'Amphitheatre'
- Walking through the mountainous terrain of Eswatini (Swaziland).
- Morning and afternoon game drives in Africa's famous Kruger National Park.
Rising high above the veld, the Drakensberg, which translates as ‘Dragon Mountain,’ forms an imposing, dramatic and quintessentially South African scene which we explore on foot. Along with the fantastic walking opportunities, we take the time to discover the country’s amazing wildlife and we can hope to see the likes of elephants, lions, rhinos, leopards, giraffe, cheetah and much more. Complementing our journey are more walks and visits of Eswatini (Swaziland), St. Lucia and the Battlefields.
Day 1: Start Johannesburg; to Graskop.
Day 2: Explore the Panorama Route; walk the Leopard, Guineafowl and Kadishi-Tufa
Day 3: Explore the Panorama Route; to Letaba Ranch Reserve; evening game drive.
Day 4: Morning game walk; free afternoon.
Day 5: Transfer to Kruger N.P.; afternoon game drive.
Day 6: Morning game drive in Kruger; transfer to Eswatini (Swaziland).
Day 7: Full day walk in Malolotja.
Day 8: Visit craft market; to St Lucia.
Day 9: Morning boat cruise and game walk; afternoon visit Cape Vidal.
Day 10: Transfer to battlefields; hike the fugitive trail.
Day 11: To Royal Natal N.P.; afternoon walk.
Day 12: Tugela Gorge hike.
Day 13: Full day hike to Witsieshoek.
Day 14: Hike to Tugela Falls, the world's second tallest waterfall.
Day 15: Drive through Golden Gate N.P. en route to Johannesburg; end Johannesburg.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 11 lunches, 7 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 9 days walking
- Mixture of wildlife spotting and walking
- Altitude max 2900m, average 1250m
- Group normally 4 to 12, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrs
- 11 nights log cabins and chalets and 3 nights permanent tented camp
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Johannesburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Africa: Walking & Wildlife tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 131+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Africa: Walking & Wildlife tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Africa: Walking & Wildlife tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa: Walking & Wildlife tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.