- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Search for wildlife on a walking safari and game drives in Kruger National Park
- Enjoy mountain walks in the Drakensberg Mountains, including an ascent of the Amphitheatre
- Experience the Mpumalanga Panorama Route
- Explore the historical battlefields of Zululand
Explore the best of South Africa on foot from the Drakensberg Mountains to Zululand and the kingdom of Swaziland (eSwatini), with a search for big game in Kruger National Park. This spectacular journey offers the perfect mix of walking, game viewing and history amongst the stunning diverse landscapes of the northern region of South Africa. During a series of selected day walks of varying grades, we explore the Drakensberg Mountains which is the highest range in South Africa, including a strenuous ascent of the Amphitheatre. We undertake mountain walks and cultural sightseeing along the Mpumalanga Panorama Route, Blyde River Canyon and Zululand, and visit the fascinating kingdom of Swaziland (eSwatini). Our South Africa adventure is complete with a game walk and game drives in search of the 'Big Five' in the renowned Kruger National Park.
Day 1 : Join Johannesburg, early morning drive to Mpumalanga (420 kms; 6-7 hrs)
Day 2 : Blyde River Canyon
Day 3-4 : Kruger National Park (250 kms; 3-4 hrs)
Day 5-6 : Kingdom of Swaziland / eSwatini (200 kms; 3 hrs)
Day 7-8 : Hluhluwe Game Reserve and Msinene River (400 kms; 6 hrs)
Day 9-10 : Zululand (350 kms; 5.5 hrs)
Day 11-12 : Drakensberg Mountains (180 kms; 2.5 hrs)
Day 13 : Ascend the Amphitheatre, Drakensberg Mountains (120 kms; 2 hrs)
Day 14 : Drive to Johannesburg (360 kms; 5 hrs)
- 11 nights in comfortable hotels, lodges and guesthouses on a twinshare basis
- 13 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 10 dinners
- Private transport in minibus / safari truck
- English speaking local guide
- 2 nights in permanent safari camps on a twinshare basis
- Game drives, day walks and excursions as listed in itinerary
- National park fees and site entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- Optional activities
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature (i.e laundry, phone calls, tips, etc)
- International flights and taxes
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips & gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Africa Walking Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 August 2021, a deposit of 353 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Africa Walking Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa Walking Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.