- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Search for wildlife on a walking safari and game drives in Kruger National Park
- Enjoy mountain walks in the Drakensberg Mountains, including an ascent of the Amphitheatre
- Experience the Mpumalanga Panorama Route
- Explore the historical battlefields of Zululand
Explore the best of South Africa on foot from the Drakensberg Mountains to Zululand and the kingdom of Swaziland (eSwatini), with a search for big game in Kruger National Park. This spectacular journey offers the perfect mix of walking, game viewing and history amongst the stunning diverse landscapes of the northern region of South Africa. During a series of selected day walks of varying grades, we explore the Drakensberg Mountains which is the highest range in South Africa, including a strenuous ascent of the Amphitheatre. We undertake mountain walks and cultural sightseeing along the Mpumalanga Panorama Route, Blyde River Canyon and Zululand, and visit the fascinating kingdom of Swaziland (eSwatini). Our South Africa adventure is complete with a game walk and game drives in search of the 'Big Five' in the renowned Kruger National Park.
Day 1 : Join Johannesburg, early morning drive to Mpumalanga (420 kms; 6-7 hrs)
Day 2 : Blyde River Canyon
Day 3-4 : Kruger National Park (250 kms; 3-4 hrs)
Day 5-6 : Kingdom of Swaziland / eSwatini (200 kms; 3 hrs)
Day 7-8 : Hluhluwe Game Reserve and Msinene River (400 kms; 6 hrs)
Day 9-10 : Zululand (350 kms; 5.5 hrs)
Day 11-12 : Drakensberg Mountains (180 kms; 2.5 hrs)
Day 13 : Ascend the Amphitheatre, Drakensberg Mountains (120 kms; 2 hrs)
Day 14 : Drive to Johannesburg (360 kms; 5 hrs)
- 11 nights in comfortable hotels, lodges and guesthouses on a twinshare basis
- 13 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 10 dinners
- Private transport in minibus / safari truck
- English speaking local guide
- 2 nights in permanent safari camps on a twinshare basis
- Game drives, day walks and excursions as listed in itinerary
- National park fees and site entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- Optional activities
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature (i.e laundry, phone calls, tips, etc)
- International flights and taxes
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips & gratuities
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 125 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 83 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 325 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 28 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
South Africa Walking Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa Walking Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.