- Walking tour
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Soweto Tour of this famous township to uncover the history of the struggle against aparth
- Ithala Game walks through the deep valley of Ithala Game Reserve
- Tembe Elephant Park 5 star accommodation in the middle of the bush
- Mkhaya Game Reserve Rhino spotting and stay at the tranquil Stone Lodge
Discover South Africa and Swaziland's best nature spots on this wildlife adventure. Spend days searching for the Big Five on a range of expert-led walking safaris and exhilarating game drives. After a day of exploring, stay in a mix of simple accommodation in the heart of national parks and comfortable lodges perfect for relaxing. Wildlife spotting - A mix of game drives and walking safaris in prestigious reserves and national parks, offering the best opportunities to see the Big Five Soweto - Visit South Africa's largest township to learn more about the recent history of apartheid and Nelson Mandela St Lucia Wetlands - Stay within South Africa's first world heritage site to search for colourful birdlife and wallowing hippo in the waterways, plus a chance to snorkel with tropical fish at Cape Vidal
Day 1 : Join trip in Johannesburg. Afternoon visit to Soweto township and the apartheid memorial
Day 2 : Drive to Graskop via South Africa's Panoramic Route, taking in the stunning scenery of Blyde River Canyon
Day 3 : Full day of safari searching for the Big Five in Kruger National Park
Day 4 : Enter the Kingdom of Swaziland; afternoon game drive at Mkhaya Nature Reserve
Day 5 : Explore Mkhaya on a morning safari; Afternoon drive to Ithala Game Reserve
Day 6 : Wake early for a walking safari in Ithala to search for rhino; afternoon game drives
Day 7 : Search for Africa's largest elephants the 'Big Tuskers' at Tembe Elephant Park
Day 8 : Game drives at Tembe, time to relax, swim or have a massage
Day 9 : Drive down the coast to St Lucia Wetland Park on the Indian Ocean
Day 10 : Explore the Indian Ocean from Cape Vidal; one of South Africa's best snorkelling spots and enjoy one last game drive!
Day 11 : Travel south to Durban, via Mtunzini
Day 12 : Trip ends in Durban
- 11 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Aero Guest Lodge (1 night)
- Mogodi Lodge (1 night)
- Berg-en-Dal Lodge (1 night)
- Stone Camp Lodge (1 night)
- Ntshondwe Camp (2 nights)
- Tembe Elephant Lodge (2 nights)
- Lidiko Lodge (2 nights)
- La Loggia (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Local Guide(s)
- Safari Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Durban are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Africa Lodge Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 120+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Africa Lodge Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Africa Lodge Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa Lodge Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.