- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Search for the “BIG FIVE” in Kruger National Park
- Experience the colourful tribal heritage of Swaziland (eSwatini) & Zululand
- Take in the scenic beauty of the Drakensberg Mountains (World Heritage site)
- Encounter elephants in Addo and the spectacular scenery of the Garden Route
A comprehensive accommodated tour through South Africa visiting Kruger National Park, Swaziland (eSwatini), Zululand, Drakensberg Mountains, Wild Coast, Garden Route and Cape Town. This is an inspiring journey from Johannesburg to Cape Town visiting the great parks and landscapes of a magnificent corner of Africa whilst staying in comfortable accommodation, handpicked for its location and character. During the trip you can observe the teeming animal life of Kruger National Park, where we search for Africa’s ‘Big Five’, before heading to the Kingdom of Swaziland (eSwatini). We visit Zululand and the World Heritage Site, the Drakensberg Mountains. Making our way to the dramatic Wild Coast, we stop enroute in Nelson Mandela's home town of Qunu. We enjoy a game drive in Addo Elephant National Park, home of large herds of elephant, lion and numerous antelope species. Continuing through the Garden Route, our journey is complete with a visit to Stellenbosch in the Cape Winelands region. Arriving in Cape Town, we explore this vibrant city, visiting Cape Point Nature Reserve with an ascent of Table Mountain.
Day 1 : Join Johannesburg, early morning drive to Mpumalanga (620 kms; 8 hrs)
Day 2 : Kruger National Park (150 kms; 2 hrs + 2 x 3 hour game drives)
Day 3 : Kruger National Park (150 kms; 2 hrs + 2 x 3 hour game drives)
Day 4 : Swaziland/eSwatini (200 kms; 4 hrs)
Day 5-6 : Hluhluwe Game Reserve and Msinene River (400 kms; 6 hrs)
Day 7-8 : Drakensberg Mountains (500 kms; 7 hrs)
Day 9-10 : To Wild Coast via Qunu (600 kms; 8.5 hrs)
Day 11 : Addo Elephant National Park (500 kms; 7.5 hrs)
Day 12-13 : The Garden Route - Knysna & Tsitsikamma (300 kms; 4.5 hrs)
Day 14 : The Garden Route - Hermanus (420 kms, 6 hrs)
Day 15-16 : To Cape Town via Stellenbosch (150 kms, 2 hrs on day 15 + 150 kms on day 16)
Day 17 : Ascend Table Mountain, trip concludes in Cape Town
- 14 nights comfortable accommodation in hotels, lodges and guesthouses on a twinshare basis
- 2 nights accommodation in basic chalets with shared bathroom facilities on a twinshare basis
- 16 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 11 dinners
- Private transport in minibus / safari truck
- English speaking local guide
- Game drives, day walks and excursions as listed in itinerary
- National park fees and site entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- Optional activities
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature (i.e laundry, phone calls, tips, etc)
- Airport and departure taxes
- International flights and taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Tips & gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Africa Encompassed tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 August 2021, a deposit of 353 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Africa Encompassed tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa Encompassed tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.