- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Support local conservation efforts by visiting the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, the only place left in Botswana where both black and white rhinos reside.
- Go wildlifespotting with your small group and expert guides along the river at Chobe National Park, home to the world's highest concentration of African elephants.
- Camping on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango wilderness is an experience you’ll never forget. As the sun sets and night falls, the sounds of Africa come alive.
- Explore the magnificent Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, some of the largest salt flats in the world. These mindbending plains make for some magical photography.
See southern Africa's iconic waterfalls, rivers and inland canals on this ten-day Lonely Planet Experience – an overland journey highlighting the magic of Mother Nature. Canoe down the lush waterways of the Okavango Delta, watch hippos wallowing along the shores of the Chobe River, be mesmerised by the mirage of Makgadikgadi Salt Pans and marvel at the crashing white water of Victoria Falls. Pack a camera and an eye for adventure because these lush pockets of wilderness will reward you with incredible animal encounters, awesome photography opportunities and memories to last a lifetime.
Khama Rhino Sanctuary
Chobe National Park
- Camping (with facilities) (6 nights), Bush camp (no facilities) (2 nights), Hotel (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , Open safari vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary - Open Safari Vehicle Game Drive
- Okavango Delta - Mokoro safari
- Okavango Delta - Sunrise Walk
- Nata - Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
- Chobe National Park - River Cruise
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Okavango Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Okavango Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 20 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Okavango Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Okavango Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but this tour is as much about the journey as the destination. For more information on this style of travel, see Intrepid’s Africa overland page at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland.
- Camping out in the Okavango wilderness means digging a bush toilet and going without a shower. For most travellers this will be a small price to pay for time spent in such a beautiful and remote island location.
- As the early bird catches the worm, so the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make better use of the safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days. The thrill of spotting your first lion or rhino is well worth any loss of sleep.
- You may also want to check out our Explore Southern Africa trip if you have longer to explore in southern Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers