- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Kalahari Desert
- San bush people
- Okavango Delta
- Moremi National Park
This 9-day overland adventure starts in Johannesburg with its extensive flight connections, and then finishes at the spectacular Victoria Falls. We connect the two with a week exploring the highlights of Botwswana.
After leaving Johannesburg we head into Botswana and the Kalahari desert, home to the nomadic San hunter gatherers. We then continue to the jewel of Botswana, the Okavango Delta where we take a Mokoro ride on the waterways and a game safari into Moremi National Park. A 2-night fly in upgrade to a deluxe lodge is also available here. Chobe National Park, famous for its large numbers of wild elephants as well as numerous other big game is next, before we arrive at the iconic Victoria Falls. We have some time to see the falls and do some of the many activities available here before the tour ends. A 2 day transit back to Johannesburg is available if you would like to fly out of the airport there, or if you have onward travel plans in South Africa.
The tour is available either based mainly on camping in traditional 2-person tents (which we provide together with camp beds), or as an upgraded 'accommodated' version where you sleep in lodges, hotels, or permanent camps (with proper beds & facilities). Details of each night's stay are given in the Facilities section of the daily itinerary. Pricing shown is based on camping - please contact us for prices to upgrade to the accommodated level.
Day 1 Johannesburg to Kalahari Gateway
Day 2 Kalahari Gateway to Ghanzi
Day 3 Maun, gateway to the Delta
Day 4 Okavango Delta
Day 5 Okavango Delta - Moremi Game Reserve
Day 6 Nata
Day 7 Chobe National Park
Day 8 Kasane to Victoria Falls
- 8 night's accommodation either camping or in hotels/lodges/guesthouses (supplement applies)
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 8 dinners
- All transport using our 25-seat expedition vehicle
- 2 truck crew (driver/guide plus assistant/cook)
- Local guides for sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- All 'included highlights' as mentioned in the itinerary
- International Flights (available on request)
- Visa fees if required
- Optional activities (see itinerary)
- 'Accommodated hotel upgrade' (hotels/lodges/permanent camps instead of camping)
- Travel Insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guides & drivers
- Entrance fees and activities not mentioned above
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Okavango & Chobe tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 November 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Okavango & Chobe tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Okavango & Chobe tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.