Kruger & Coast
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- National parks
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3652
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Go on an epic safari in search of lions, hyenas and more through Kruger National Park – one of the largest National Parks in southern Africa.
- Go overland in a purposebuilt truck and stop to take in geological wonders like Bourke’s Luck Potholes along the Panorama Route.
- Experience St Lucia from a whole new perspective on a guided Boat Safari down this UNESCOlisted landmark.
- Take a day trip to Cape Vidal within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park World Heritage Site, on the exquisite Zululand coast – and enjoy free time to soak up the sun
- Visit the heartlands of the Zulu people and spend the night in a homestay, where you’ll be treated to traditional food and song, plus a meeting with the local healer.
- Swap four wheels for two legs on a guided walking safari through the Hlane Royal National Park with an expert Swazi guide, keeping an eye out for antelopes and zebras passing by.
- Show more
Experience the diversity of southern Africa on a nine-day adventure that takes you to wildlife-rich game parks, idyllic beaches, wetlands and small villages, exploring with a local leader along the way. Search for lions in Kruger National Park, enjoy a homestay in Zululand, relax on the sands of Cape Vidal and more. A mixture of included activities and free time make this tour perfect for travellers who want the benefit of on-the-ground local knowledge with some of the freedom of independent travel.
Day 1: Johannesburg
Day 2: Kruger National Park
Day 3: Kruger National Park
Day 4: Hlane Royal National Park
Day 5: Hlane Royal National Park
Day 6: St Lucia Estuary
Day 7: St Lucia Estuary
Day 8: Valley of a Thousand Hills
Day 9: Durban
- Camping with facilities (4 nights), Camping with basic facilities (2 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (1 night)
- 8 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Overland vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Panorama Route - Three Rondavels Viewpoint
- Panorama Route - Blyde River Canyon Viewpoint
- Kruger National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Hlane Royal National Park - Guided Walking Safari
- Kruger National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- St Lucia Estuary - Safari Boat Cruise
- Cape Vidal - Beach Day Trip
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Durban are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kruger & Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 41+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kruger & Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kruger & Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kruger & Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- While a homestay in Zululand is a unique and rewarding experience, the conditions are basic – foam mattresses on the floor, with up to six people (of the same gender) per room. Clean linen and pillows are provided. Hot water is not available on this night.
- There will be many early starts either to make better use of the safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- You may also want to check out our Kruger, Coast & Cape trip if you have longer time to explore in southern Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.