- Getaways and short breaks
- Art and architecture
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Johannesburg: With a striking mix of cultures, languages and impressive architecture steeped in history, the massive metropolis nicknamed Jozi or Jo’burg offers a bit of everything.
- Pretoria: The capital city of South Africa is also known as ‘Jacaranda City’ because the city turns purple when these lovely trees bloom.
Johannesburg is an urban sprawl full of culture, attitude and personality. Delve into the city’s culture over five days, discovering the intricacies of this major city. Admire the town’s old and new architectural styles, and take a day trip to South Africa’s capital city, Pretoria, to admire the region’s architectural styles and learn about the area’s history. Then visit one of Johannesburg’s townships, Soweto, to see a humbler side of life in the metropolis. See also the vibrant neighbourhood of Newtown, giving you an interesting perspective into the many sides of this incredible city.
Day 1: Arrival Johannesburg
Day 2: Johannesburg – Pretoria (50km – 1 Hr Per Way)
Day 3: Johannesburg: Soweto (20km – 30 Min)
Day 4: Johannesburg
Day 5: Depart Johannesburg
- 4 nights' accommodation
- 4 Breakfasts
- Arrival Transfer from Johanessburg International Airport to the hotel
- Departure transfer from the hotel to the Johannesburg International Aiport
- Private vehicle throughout the program
- Operated with English or German-speaking driver guide on private basis
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: visit to Pretoria: Victoria Hotel, Melrose House, University of Pretoria, Union Buildings; visit to Soweto with drinks at shebeen, the Hector Pieterson Museum, the Regina Mundi Church, the Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, the Mandela House Museum and the FNB; visit to Newtown: Heritage Trail walk, Sci Bono Discovery Centre, South African Breweries Museum with drinks at the brewery
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Optional tours and excursions
- Expenses of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Beverages during included meals
- International or domestic flight tickets, airport taxes, or visa fees where applicable
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jozi's Architecture And History, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jozi's Architecture And History, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jozi's Architecture And History, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.