- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Johannesburg the best way we know – by foot!
- Discover multicultural South Africa through the artwork of Ghandi Square
- Admire sweeping views of the city from the top of the Carlton Centre
- Visit a former ‘no go zone’ that’s been transformed into one of the hottest neighbourhoods in Johannesburg!
The best of Jozi can be tricky to find on your own. Enlist the help of a local guide on this Johannesburg tour that side steps the usual spots and embraces things like art, architecture, history and multi-culturalism.
Think you can figure it out on your own? Think again. This Johannesburg walking tour is the best way to truly see Jo'burg like a local, by discovering the beating heart of this South African metropolis.
Home to the Rainbow Nation, this fast-paced city combines the best of the new South Africa with the country’s rich cultural history, and a great way to discover it all is by foot.
Setting off from Ghandi Square, we’ll take in the impressive statue of a youthful Gandhi and artwork celebrating Jo’burg’s multicultural roots, before moving to the base of the Carlton Centre. We’ll head up to the 50th floor to soak up the views and get the lay of the land before hitting the pavements, strolling down streets lined with both historic and modern buildings.
We’ll then head off to the Maboneng Cultural Precinct to explore what once was a “No Go Zone” but has now been transformed into one of the most vibrant and trendy areas of Johannesburg. You will see with your own eyes just how far South Africa has come since the apartheid regime, when Johannesburg was still considered to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Today we are proud to be known as a relatively safe, multicultural city that has a lot to offer visitors.
After exploring Maboneng, we’ll hit Main Street to experience the atmosphere of daily life in Johannesburg. We’ll set our compass back to Ghandi Square where you’ll get local recommendations from your guide before being transferred back to your hotel.
- And transportation as indicated.
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for drivers and guide
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Jozi by Foot tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jozi by Foot tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Centrally located hotels in Johannesburg. Meeting end point : Centrally located hotels in Johannesburg.