- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 27 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Marvel at Victoria Falls.
- Experience wildlife safari drives in Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Spend three glorious days on exotic Zanzibar.
- Camp overnight in the Okavango Delta.
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Tuck into a meaty month of adventure as you embark on an epic overland journey from Johannesburg to Nairobi, crossing the stunning wilderness of seven countries in between. Track Africa’s "big five" on safari drives in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro and head to the Okavango Delta for a wildlife walk and mokoro canoe excursion. Inhale the mists of Victoria Falls and the fragrant air of spice plantations in Zanzibar. You'll make your discoveries from a rugged Lando, ready to take on any adventure. Hop in for a ride you won't want to hop off.
Day 1: Johannesburg
Day 2: Johannesburg/Serowe
Day 3: Serowe/Maun
Day 4: Maun/Okavango Delta
Day 5: Okavango Delta/Gweta
Day 6: Gweta/Kasane
Day 7: Kasane/Victoria Falls
Day 8: Victoria Falls
Day 9: Victoria Falls/Lusaka
Day 10: Lusaka/South Luangwa
Day 11: South Luangwa
Day 12: South Luangwa/Chipata
Day 13: Chipata/Kande Beach
Day 14: Kande Beach
Day 15: Kande Beach/Chitimba
Day 16: Chitimba
Day 17: Chitimba/Iringa
Day 18: Iringa/Dar es Salaam
Day 19: Dar es Salaam/Zanzibar Beach Resort
Day 20: Zanzibar Beach Resort
Day 21: Stone Town
Day 22: Stone Town/Bagamoyo
Day 23: Bagamoyo/Arusha
Day 24: Arusha/Serengeti National Park
Day 25: Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro
Day 26: Ngorongoro/Arusha
Day 27: Arusha/Nairobi
- Participation camping (19 nts), full-service camping (2 nts), simple hotels (4 nts, some multi-share with 3-4 people), bush camping (1 nt).
25 breakfasts, 22 lunches, 18 dinners
Note: Allow USD165-215 for meals not included.
- Lando (overland adventure vehicle), 4x4 safari vehicles, ferry, mokoro, walking.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, certified safari guides/drivers, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Lusumpuko Women's Club Lunch, Victoria Falls
- Your G for Good Moment: Tribal Textiles Market & Courtyard Cafe, Mfuwe
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Victoria Falls
- Your Local Living Moment: Kande Beach Local Dinner, Kande Beach
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary Drive
- Okavango Delta overnight bush camping excursion
- Zanzibar excursion
- Spice plantation tour
- Entrances and wildlife safari drives in Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Johannesburg to Nairobi Overland: Waterfalls & Beaches tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 150+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Johannesburg to Nairobi Overland: Waterfalls & Beaches tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Johannesburg to Nairobi Overland: Waterfalls & Beaches tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Johannesburg to Nairobi Overland: Waterfalls & Beaches tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.