- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kruger and the Drakensberg
- Swaziland and Lesotho
- Cape Town and the Garden Route
This epic journey explores the different facets of three very diverse countries. In South Africa we go on game drives in the Kruger National Park, walk in the spectacular Drakensberg Mountains, travel along the Garden Route, enjoy wine tasting amid the country’s renowned vineyards and visit exciting Cape Town and journey through the mountain kingdoms of Swaziland and Lesotho.This three week trip has something for everyone: prolific wildlife, incredible scenery, beautiful beaches, awe-inspiring mountains and, of course, the rich culture which makes these countries what they are today.
Start Johannesburg; drive to Mpumalanga.
Explore Panorama Route; to Letaba Ranch Reserve; night game drive.
Morning game walk; to Kruger N.P.
Game drives in Kruger N.P.
To Hlane Game Reserve, Swaziland, optional nature walk.
To St. Lucia on the Elephant Coast.
Boat trip and game walk; afternoon at Cape Vidal.
To Dundee via Rourke's Drift
To Royal Natal N.P.; optional afternoon walk
Daywalk in the Drakensberg.
To the Kingdom of Lesotho.
Free day to enjoy Lesotho's culture and mountain scenery.
To Graaf Reinet in the Karoo.
To Tsitsikamma N.P on the Garden Route.
Day 15: Free day to go on walks, relax or explore the region.
To Hermanus; whale watching in season.
Visit South Africa's wine region en route to Cape Town.
Cape Peninsula tour, Cape Point and Simonstown's penguins.
Free day in Cape Town.
End Cape Town.
- 18 nights log cabins/chalets/hotel, 1 night permanent tented camp , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 16 lunches, 13 dinners
- Travel is by minibus or overland truck
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Mainly good roads with some long drives
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Johannesburg to Cape Town tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 147+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Johannesburg to Cape Town tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 420 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 27 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Johannesburg to Cape Town tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Johannesburg to Cape Town tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.