Explore Kruger National Park
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-4855
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Enjoy a traditional South African braai (barbecue).
- Embark on an incredible wildlife safari drive inside Kruger National Park.
- Meet researchers from the Endangered Wildlife Trust's Carnivore Conservation Programme
Explore the Greater Kruger area on an exhilarating journey to South Africa. Travel along the jaw-dropping Panorama Route; track elephants, lions, and cheetahs at one of the continent’s most celebrated national parks; and venture out on safari with a researcher from the Cheetah Metapopulation Project, part of National Geographic's Big Cats Initiative. Spend the evenings relaxing at your scenic safari lodges, taking in the spectacular African sunset from the deck.
Day 1: Johannesburg
Day 2: Johannesburg/Greater Kruger Area
Day 3: Kruger National Park
Day 4: Greater Kruger Area/Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 5: Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Day 6: Karongwe Private Game Reserve/Johannesburg
Day 7: Johannesburg
- Family run lodge (2 nts), lodge (2 nts), comfortable tent or chalets (2 nts).
6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 6 dinners
Note: Allow USD95-125 for meals not included.
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides/rangers.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Carnivore Conservation Experience, Karongwe Private Game Reserve
- Your Foodie Moment: Traditional South Africa Braai (Barbecue), Johannesburg
- Arrival transfer
- Panorama Route scenic drive
- Kruger National Park and private nature reserve wildlife safari drives in open vehicles
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Johannesburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Kruger National Park tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 99+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Kruger National Park tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 August 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 August 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Kruger National Park tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Kruger National Park tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.