- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Camp under an Africa sky within Kruger National Park. You can’t get much closer to nature than that!
- Spot wildlife in Chobe National Park during a sunset river cruise. This is the time many animals – such as elephants, cheetahs and lions – come to drink so get your cameras ready!
- Experience untouched wilderness of Botswana's Okavango Delta by staying on a remote island bush camp. At night, the sounds of the African bush are the only things you will hear.
- Visit the only place in Botswana where both the white and black Rhinoceros’ still remain: the Khama Rhino Sanctuary.
Visit Southern Africa and travel from Johannesburg, through the Kruger National Park, to Victoria Falls and the Khama Rhino Sanctuary before returning to South Africa. Here's a chance to witness golden sunsets, camp in remote wilderness, safari through African plains and cruise rivers filled with iconic wildlife. Journey through South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe and be amazed by powerful waterfalls, enchanted by encounters with endangered species and inspired by the resolve of communities emerging from darker times. Experience Southern Africa and walk away with renewed hope, inspiration and a heart full of memories.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Greater Kruger National Park
Kruger National Park
Masebe Nature Reserve
Chobe National Park
Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Hotel (3 night), Chalet (1 night), Lodge (1 night), Permanent Tented Overland Camp (2 nights), Guesthouse (1 night), Camping with facilities (5 nights), Basic Camping with no facilities (2 nights)
- 15 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 11 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , Boat , Mokoro , Bicycle , Open Safari Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Kruger National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Kruger National Park - Night 4x4 Game Drive
- Masebe Nature Reserve – Rock Art Walk
- Nata - Pan Excursion
- Victoria Falls - Brewery Tour
- Chobe National Park - River cruise
- Victoria Falls - Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust Visit
- Okavango Delta - Mokoro safari
- Okavango Delta - Sunrise Walk
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary - Open Safari Vehicle Game Drive
- Soweto - Cycle tour
- Any international flights to/from Johannesburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Experience Southern Africa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 103+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Experience Southern Africa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Experience Southern Africa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Experience Southern Africa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the ‘big five’. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/africa/overland
- Camping on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango wilderness is an experience you’ll never forget. However, there are no facilities. Dig a bush toilet and go without a shower, it's all part of the Delta experience.
- A cycle tour in Soweto is included on the final day of the trip. It is not an overly strenuous ride, buy Soweto is not completely flat so you should have a reasonable level of fitness.
- Wildlife viewing requires some sacrifice, like getting up before day break for dawn game drives. However, the lack of sleep is worth it for the exhilaration and excitement of spotting your first lion or rhino!
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers