- Bicycle tour
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the magnificent Drakensberg MountainsSearch for the big 5 in Kruger National ParkCycle through vast mountain scenery, forests, waterfalls and canyons
This two wheeled adventure takes us through stunning mountain scenery and past dramatic rock formations, through abandoned gold mines, baboon inhabited forests and tranquil natural waterfalls. Part way through the trip we dismount our bikes and spend two days on safari in Kruger National Park where we have the chance to spot lions, rhinos, elephants, giraffes and various other wild animals. From Kruger we continue our pedal powered journey along the panorama route before ending at the mighty Blyde River Canyon. With perfect road surfaces and idyllic sunshine, there is surely no better way to experience eastern South Africa than by bike.
Day 1: Start Johannesburg; transfer to Golden Gate National Park.
Day 2: Ride over a spectacular mountain pass with a chance of spotting wildlife;
transfer to Northern Drakensberg and cycle to our lodge.
Day 3: Cycle to the Northern Berg before hiking and a chance to swim at a waterfall.
Day 4: Transfer to Dundee; afternoon ride to Rorke's Drift Museum.
Day 5: Transfer to Badplaas before getting on the bikes for a great ride to our
Day 6: Transfer followed by scenic ride on edge of the Songimvelo Game Reserve and
on to our lodge.
Day 7: Cycle to Kruger N.P. through the Kaaprivier Valley.
Day 8: Game drives in Kruger N.P.
Day 9: More game viewing, transfer to Hazyview.
Day 10: Cycle to Sabie and on to Graskop; visit Mac Mac Pools.
Day 11: Ride along the Panorama Route to God's Window via Bourke's Luck potholes rock
formations; afternoon ride to Blyde River Canyon.
Day 12: Drive to Johannesburg, end.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinnersAll accommodation All transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)Local bike hire
- 8 days cycling with full vehicle supportMostly tarmac with two short sections on hard pack dirt roadsA few challenging climbs, most roads have little trafficGroup normally 4 to 14 plus leader. Min age 16 yrs9 nights lodges and chalets, 2 nights permanent tented camp
- Any international flights to/from Johannesburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling the Drakensberg & Kruger tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling the Drakensberg & Kruger tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling the Drakensberg & Kruger tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling the Drakensberg & Kruger tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.