- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- Art and architecture
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Kapama Private Game Reserve: This private reserve borders the famous Kruger National Park and the chances are high to spot the Big Five
- Pretoria: The capital city of South Africa is nicknamed ‘Jacaranda City’ as the city turns purple when these trees are in bloom
- Cape Town: Located between the blue sea and imposing mountains, this beautiful city offers you a vibrant culinary scene, great nightlife and a lively cultural scene.
Join our 12-day self-drive tour and discover the natural gem of South Africa, one of the most diverse and exciting countries in the world, on your own pale. Departing from booming Johannesburg, passing through Belfast, the gateway to the Highland Meander, right to the wilderness of the African safari in Kapama Private Game Reserve. Venture out on safari game drives to spot the Big Five, go on a meerkat outing, greet the penguins on Boulders Beach, and even visit an ostrich farm. Admire South Africa’s extensive coastline and spectacular views and travel to the continent’s most southwestern point. Sample local wines during a wine tasting. This trip will fill your senses and satisfy your curiosity about this thrilling country.
Day 1: Arrival Johannesburg – Belfast (230km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 2: Belfast – Kapama Game Reserve (200km – 5 Hrs)
Day 3: Kapama (6 Hrs On Game Drives)
Day 4: Kapama – Pretoria (440km – 5 Hrs)
Day 5: Pretoria – George – Knysna (2 Hrs Flight Time)
Day 6: Knysna
Day 7: Knysna – George – Oudtshoorn (130km – 2 Hrs)
Day 8: Oudtshoorn – Cango Caves – Montagu (250km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 9: Montagu – Stellenbosch – Cape Town (250km – 3 Hrs)
Day 10: Cape Town – Cape Peninsula Tour – Cape Town (150km – Tour Duration: 8 Hours)
Day 11: Cape Town
Day 12: Depart Cape Town
- 11 nights accommodation
- 11 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Afternoon safari game drive in Kapama Private Game Reserve with English-speaking ranger, two safari game drive in Kapama Private Game Reserve with English-speaking ranger, Featherbed eco-experience ( You will receive a voucher for this service, tour departs at 10h00 from the Knysna Waterfront), sunrise meerkat experience, Cango Caves tour, Safari Ostrich Farm with dinner (Your guide Farm Tour will start at 16h30), wine tasting in Montagu, Stellenbosch classic Cape cuisine culinary walk tour (start at 14h00; meeting point: Information office across the road from Oude Werf Hotel to meet with guide), English speaking seat in full-day Cape Peninsula tour
- 1 additional driver
- CAR HIRE OPTIONS
- Kia Picanto or similar with Manual, air-condition, power steering, CD/radio; 4-seater, luggage space for 2 medium suitcases and 2 small suitcases
- Unlimited kilometers
- Full comprehensive insurance with nil excess
- GPS Device/Unit
- Third-party liability cover
- Windscreen & tire damages
- Administration fee or VAT
- Airport surcharge.
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks, and meals if not stated explicitly in the program
- Beverages during included meals
- Kapama daily Conservation Fee
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- Personal travel, baggage, and medical insurance
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- Day 5: domestic flight from George to Knysna is not included.
- Tickets to Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Funicular railway to the lighthouse at Cape Point
- Tickets to Boulders Penguin Colony
- NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE
- Young driver surcharge (driver must have valid unendorsed driver’s license for at least two years)
- Baby seat
- Bond deposit (from/to depot)
- Accident/Administration fee per incident
- One way fee of within South Africa between the following depots: Johannesburg, Nelspruit KMIA, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town
- Collection and delivery fees, negligence, abuse, water, and undercarriage damage to the vehicle
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 139+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape Town Kruger And Garden Route, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape Town Kruger And Garden Route, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town Kruger And Garden Route, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.