Botswana and Falls Overland: Wildlife Walks & Safari Drives
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-4662
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Camp in the Okavango Delta and track exotic wildlife.
- View the mighty Victoria Falls.
- Try to steer a mokoro canoe.
- Camp under the stars
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. If you think eight days isn't enough to see southern Africa, you're right. Kinda. We did our very best with this compact, action-packed itinerary that lets you soak up the wildlife, vibrant colours, and scenery of Zimbabwe, Botswana, and South Africa with wildlife walks and plenty of options for safari drives. Your rugged Lando (overland adventure vehicle) will get you to the sites safely and camping lets you to fall asleep to the sounds of the wild underneath big African skies. Actually, maybe eight days is enough.
Day 1: Johannesburg
Day 2: Johannesburg/Serowe
Day 3: Serowe/Maun
Day 4: Maun/Okavango Delta
Day 5: Okavango Delta/Gweta
Day 6: Gweta/Kasane
Day 7: Kasane/Victoria Falls
Day 8: Victoria Falls
- Simple hotel (1 nt single or twin), participation camping (5 nts), bush camping (1 nt).
6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD75-100 for meals not included.
- Lando (overland adventure vehicle), walking, mokoro, safari vehicle.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Lusumpuko Women's Club Lunch, Victoria Falls
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary Drive
- Okavango Delta overnight bush camping excursion
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Botswana and Falls Overland: Wildlife Walks & Safari Drives tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Botswana and Falls Overland: Wildlife Walks & Safari Drives tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 June 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 June 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Botswana and Falls Overland: Wildlife Walks & Safari Drives tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Botswana and Falls Overland: Wildlife Walks & Safari Drives tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.