- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Spot the “big five” in Kruger National Park
- Discover the wildlife of Matobo National Park
- See the mighty Victoria Falls
Travel between Johannesburg and Victoria Falls, seeing Kruger National Park and Matobo National Park along the way.
Day 1: Johannesburg – Hazyview – Kruger National Park, South Africa (Day 1: Johannesburg – Hazyview – Kruger National Park, South Africa)
Day 2: Kruger National Park, South Africa (Day 2: Kruger National Park, South Africa)
Day 3: Hazyview, Greater Kruger – Tshipise, South Africa (Day 3: Hazyview, Greater Kruger – Tshipise, South Africa)
Day 4: Tshipise, South Africa - Bulawayo, Zimbabwe (Day 4: Tshipise, South Africa - Bulawayo, Zimbabwe)
Day 5: Matobo National Park, Zimbabwe (Day 5: Matobo National Park, Zimbabwe)
Days 6-7: Bulawayo - Livingstone, Zambia (Days 6-7: Bulawayo - Livingstone, Zambia)
- 6 Nights Shared Camping Accommodation in 2-person Dome Tents (single travellers will be sharing a tent)
- 6 Breakfast(s)
- 4 Lunch(es)
- 5 D
- All Ground Transportation
- Fully Equipped Safari Vehicle
- Game drives and activities as per itinerary
- Kruger NP, Full Day Open Vehicle Game Drive with Resident Guide
- Shangaan Cultural Evening
- Mosi Oa Tunya NP, Victoria Falls Visit
- English Speaking Guide
- Camping and Cooking Equipment
- Sleeping Mattress
- All Road Tolls & Vehicle Taxes
- Service of Two Crew
- Optional Adventure Pass ($90 USD can be pre-paid at an extra cost), including: Matobo National Park, Open Vehicle Game Drive and Wilderness Walk with Resident Guide.
- Sleeping bag
- Single Supplement for Private Upgrades
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation Upgrade
- Optional Airport Transfers
- Optional Activities
- Tips for Guide
- Personal Expenses
- Water and Drinks
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 53 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 454 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 17 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
African Insight Safari 7D/6N (from Johannesburg) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this African Insight Safari 7D/6N (from Johannesburg) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
The Adventure Pass for this trip, which includes the Matobo National Park Visit, Open Vehicle Game Drive, and Wilderness Walk with Resident Guide, costs $90 USD to be paid locally, or it can be pre-paid at an extra cost. The description below assumes you have purchased the optional Adventure Pass for the tour.
This tour departs on select Thursdays / Group Size: Max. 24 People
This trip requires all travellers to comply with the obligatory age limit of 18 - 39.
Please contemplate bringing extra spending money for personal expenses during your trip: snacks, drinks, souvenirs, tips and souvenirs. As a general guideline we recommend budgeting US$10-15 per day. Most spending will be in Botswana Pula (for incidental expenses along the way, optional activities, most additional accommodation before/after the trip) but it’s a good idea to bring along some US$ cash for any international airport taxes or visas (US Dollars in clean, un-torn, post 2006 edition notes). Only Botswana Pula is accepted in Botswana. Don’t forget to allow money for before and after the tour if you are spending time in Victoria Falls.
- Spending money is best carried as cash in Botswana Pula or US dollars (US Dollars in clean, un-torn, post 2006 edition notes). Sterling or Euro can also be exchanged into local currency on arrival and as you travel. Your guide will give general guidance about spending during the tour.
- Currencies are as follows: US Dollar, Botswana Pula.
- ATM machines are found in Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Kasane and in Maun, Botswana although may be unreliable (so we ask that you please do not rely on them).
- Credit cards can be used to pay for some optional activities although fees for use may be higher than you are accustomed to at home.
- This is a participation tour and your help will be needed in setting up the camp each night and assisting (usually on a rota basis) with the various day to day campsite duties, such as shopping, cooking and keeping the truck and camp tidy. But don’t worry it’s not all hard work and it’s a great way to meet the local people and get to know your fellow travellers. Your contribution benefits the success of the tour - most people find the greater their involvement, the greater their enjoyment of the whole trip.
As in many areas where tourism is an important contributor to the economy it has become customary to offer a small gratuity to local staff at the end of the tour if service has been of a high standard. Naturally this always remains at your discretion.
Please try to keep your luggage to a minimum, bearing in mind that most airlines impose a 20kg limit. It should be brought in a
soft holdall or rucksack along with a smaller day bag. You will need to bring a mixture of lightweight clothing and warm
clothing for the evenings and early morning game drives. You also need a sleeping bag (and small pillow if preferred). We
recommended you pack a small torch or headlamp, mosquito spray and a money pouch/ belt that can be easily hidden. Please
try to avoid bringing unnecessary valuables and use your hotel safe to store the bulk of your money, passport, and airline
tickets. A power bank is useful for recharging electronic devices. A full ‘What to Bring’ list is included in our pre-departure
booklet, issued when you book.