- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover imposing forts and palaces
- Cycle along Rajasthan's rural backroads
- Visit the magnificent Taj Mahal at Agra
*2019 Itinerary*Rajasthan has landscapes varying from green rolling hills to barren deserts. The whole state is dotted with dramatic fortresses and the countryside is a patchwork of villages and towns where we see the timelessness of rural India. From the captivating Mehrangarh Fort at Jodhpur, the lakeside palace of Udaipur, the holy town of Pushkar and onto the superb 'pink city' of Jaipur, each place has its own story to tell. A fitting way to finish the trip is at the magnificent Taj Mahal. Cycling is the perfect way to explore Rajasthan, offering a fascinating insight into the traditional way of life here. To see the 2020 itinerary clickHERE">https://www.exodus.co.uk/india-holidays/cycling/cycling-through-rajastha...
A little disappointing not to have sampled more 'local' food. The leader preferring hotels or 'tourist' type restaurants.
Would have liked to have seen more of the sights around Delhi, rather than driving round in circles by bus.
Compared to our previous trips, there was a lot of time spent on the bus.
The cycling was great. A mixture of easy and more challenging routes. I do however question Exodus's assertion that everyone is able to ride at their own pace. There were no particularly slow people in our group, however there were times when the slowest were pressured to get on the bus, despite the group being happy to wait. Conversely others were required to slow down to keep the group together, this was often frustrating for both ends of the spectrum. This may have been due to there being only two guides cycling, only one of which was of reasonable fitness.”
Day 1: Start Jodhpur.
Day 2: Explore Jodhpur by bike.
Day 3: Ride/drive to Ranakpur.
Day 4: Cycle to the lakeside town of Udaipur; evening city tour.
Day 5: Cycle tour around Udaipur.
Day 6: Transfer to Iswal by bus; cycle on backroads to the fort of Kumbhalgarh.
Day 7: Ride/drive to Pushkar on quiet roads.
Day 8: Ride/drive to Jaipur, capital of Rajasthan, via rural villages and Rupnagar.
Day 9: Optional ride heritage ride around the pink city; Jaipur sightseeing.
Day 10: Ride/drive to Sariska National Park via Pratap Garh.
Day 11: Game drive; optional afternoon ride.
Day 12: Ride/drive to Bharatpur N.P., renowned for its bird sanctuary, later visited
Day 13: Late morning cycle towards Agra, passing through Fatehpur Sikri; visit the
Taj Mahal at sunset.
Day 14: Drive to Delhi; optional Delhi sightseeing.
Day 15: End Delhi.
- 14 nights hotels all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 4 lunches
- 12 days cycling (including optional rides) with full vehicle support
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Pushkar and Diwali Festival departures available
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from Jodhpur are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling through Rajasthan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 76 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 11 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycling through Rajasthan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling through Rajasthan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.