- duration 14 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-12908
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
Throughout the ages, Israel and Jordan’s desert terrain has been a crossroads of civilizations, religions, and cultures. Spice route caravans, Abrahamic prophets and pilgrims, Roman legionaries and crusader knights, have all crossed these unforgiving yet wildly enchanting lands. Nowadays, thanks to an extensive network of paved roads spanning the region, road cyclists can proudly join this storied procession!
Starting from the holy city of Jerusalem we descend to the shores of the Dead Sea, Earth’s lowest point at 400 meters below sea level.. This serene, highly saline body of water will be a familiar presence on this tour, signifying both the beginning, as we follow its western coast to southern Israel, and the end, as we re-enter Israel along its eastern shore from Jordan. On both occasions, we can float in the buoyant waters. Our circuit from one side of the Dead Sea to the other entails 8 days of fabulous road biking. In Israel, we ride through the sun-scorched Arava desert, marvel at the ancient hilltop fortress of Masada, cycle along the rims of massive, multi-colored erosion crater, and meet Israeli farmers taming the sands to grow food. We'll push our limits, ascending the fabled Scorpion’s Ascent, with its winding hairpin turns. After crossing into Jordan, we take a beach break on the Red Sea and head north to discover the colossal red-hued cliffs and vast, golden desert plains of Wadi Rum. We cycle along the legendary “King’s Highway” and delve deep into the history of Jordan’s most recognisable landmark: Petra, an ancient city intricately chiseled into narrow, rose-red canyons. After a final ride through the Madaba plains and a downhill to the Dead Sea, we cross back into Israel where we discover Jericho - one of the world’s oldest cities - before returning to Jerusalem where the tour ends. Throughout the journey, we spend our nights in a delightful mix of accommodations, including coastal resorts, guesthouses in small Israeli kibbutzim, and even a night under the stars at a Jordanian desert camp.
Join us on this eye-opening road cycling adventure through the Holy Land and beyond!
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Any international flights to/from Jerusalem are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Dead Sea Circuit by Road Bike tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 222+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Dead Sea Circuit by Road Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2024, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Dead Sea Circuit by Road Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Dead Sea Circuit by Road Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 4