- Rainforest and jungle visits
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Tanjung Puting Cruise through steaming jungles on a traditional wooden houseboat and spot orangutans and Proboscis monkeys
- Palangkaraya Share lunch in a Dayak village and watch daily life on a cruise through the city's waterways.
- Loksado Float on a bamboo raft down the Amandit River, walk past farms and villages and swim by a waterfall
- Maratua Island Relax on the beach with optional snorkelling to see giant turtles and swimming with stingless jellyfish
Kalimantan occupies nearly three-quarters of the island of Borneo, and plays host to some of the oldest rainforests in the world, home to an incredible array of wildlife. But it's not just about the rainforest, there are bustling markets to be explored, rivers to be rafted and delicious local food to be sampled. Tanjung Puting - Spot orang-utans and Proboscis monkeys from a traditional wooden houseboat Palangkaraya - Share lunch in a Dayak village and watch daily life on a cruise through the city's waterways. Loksado - Float on a bamboo raft down the Amandit River, walk past farms and villages and swim by a waterfall
1.Cycling down from mount Nebo
2.Cycling the kings highway
3.The off road cycling in the desert
4.The coffee demonstration in the camp
5. The church in Madaba
While some of this was due to weather and so out of your control it wasnt clear what we got instead to replace these missed experiences.
Day 1 : Join trip in Jakarta
Day 2 : Fly to Pangkalanbun, river cruise through Tanjung Puting National Park
Day 3 : Second day cruising along the river watching Orang-utan feedings and visiting Camp Leakey Research Centre
Day 4 : Cruise back to Kumai, flight to Palangkaraya
Day 5 : Share lunch with a Dayak tribe and cruise along the Kahayan River
Day 6 : Drive to Banjabaru , afternoon visit to a diamond mine and workshop
Day 7 : Drive to Loksado. Afternoon cruise to a buffalo swamp
Day 8 : In Loksado. Walk in the surrounding countryside and bamboo rafting on the Amandit River
Day 9 : Morning drive to Banjarmasin. Float along the canals
Day 10 : Visit Loh Baitan floating market, afternoon flight to Berau
Day 11 : Speedboat through the mangroves out into the ocean to Maratua Island
Day 12 : Free day on Maratua Island, relax on the beach and visit a jellyfish lake
Day 13 : Free day on Maratua Island, optional snorkelling and visit to see nesting turtles
Day 14 : Free morning, speedboat to Berau
Day 15 : Fly to Jakarta
Day 16 : Trip ends in Jakarta
- 15 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Summer Bed & Breakfast (1 night)
- FM 7 Hotel Jakarta (2 nights)
- Overnight Boat - Tanjung Putting National Park (2 nights)
- Rungan Sari Resort (2 nights)
- Hotel Rodhita Banjarbaru (1 night)
- Meratus Guest House (2 nights)
- Palmy Hotel Berau (2 nights)
- Green Nirvana Maratua Resort (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Jakarta are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kalimantan Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 146+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kalimantan Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kalimantan Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kalimantan Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.