- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3543
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Cycling is a great way to get out and see the landscape and meet the locals. Enjoy cycling trips out of Yogyakarta and Ubud through the backcountry, a world of flower-studded fields or rice paddies, and smiling locals
- Take a guided walk through the jungle and rice paddies of Seloliman Nature Reserve, then sit back, relax and soak up the ambience under the stars
- Conquer two mountains! Climbing Mt Bromo and Mt Batur in the early hours of the morning. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling sunrise views
- With hiking, cycling and snorkelling, this trip is steeped in outdoor activities. But there's also plenty of time to relax – bathe in hot springs, laze on beach in Bali, or stroll around the villages we visit
- Gain an insight into the culture of two very distinct Indonesian islands
Combining Java’s collection of earthly volcanoes and pre-historic jungles with Bali’s stunning beaches, Java and Bali Explorer is a great way to experience the incredible contrasts and magical scenery of Indonesia. Get to the heart of life on this famous archipelago by visiting rice paddies, tea plantations and remote villages. Be charmed by Indonesia’s rich cultural heritage, witness traditional dance performances and visit ornate temples. From the fervent pace of Jakarta to the back alleys of Ubud, the islands of Bali and Java are Indonesia’s most celebrated duo – a treasure trove of beautiful beaches, rolling hills and dynamic cities.
Day 1: Jakarta
Day 2: Jakarta
Day 3: Pangandaran
Day 4: Pangandaran
Day 5: Yogyakarta
Day 6: Yogyakarta
Day 7: Yogyakarta
Day 8: Seloliman Nature Reserve
Day 9: Seloliman Nature Reserve – Mt Bromo
Day 10: Mt Bromo – Kalibaru
Day 11: Kalibaru – Pemuteran
Day 12: Pemuteran
Day 13: Ubud
Day 14: Ubud
Day 15: Ubud
Day 16: Ubud - Sidemen
Day 17: Sidemen – Sibetan Village
Day 18: Sibetan Village – Mt Batur
Day 19: Mt Batur - Lovina
Day 20: Lovina
Day 21: Lovina – Sanur
Day 22: Sanur
- Hotel (15 nights), Guesthouse (4 nights), Resort (2 nights)
- 21 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Boat , Bicycle , Ferry , Private Van , Train , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Jakarta - City tour
- Pangandaran - Green Canyon
- Pangandaran - Village & cottage industries tour
- Borobudur - Temple Tour
- Yogyakarta - Countryside cycling tour
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Visit
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Lunch
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Dinner
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Guided Walk & Herbal Drink Tasting
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Lunch
- Mt Bromo - Sunrise climb
- Kalibaru - Coffee, Cocoa & Rubber Plantation Tour
- Mengwi - Taman Ayun Temple
- Ubud - Campuhan Ridge & Village walk
- Bali - Kecak Fire Dance
- Ubud - Home visit, local coffee & Balinese offering
- Ubud - Bayung Gede (Kahyangan) Village to Tampak Siring cycling tour
- Undisan - Village tour
- Undisan - Traditional Village Lunch
- Local community Salak plantation walk
- Mt Batur - Sunrise volcano climb
- Lovina - Banjar Hot Springs
- Lovina - Global Kafe Visit
- Lovina - Menjangan Island Reef snorkeling tour
- Lovina - Seririt Market visit
- Bedugul - Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temple
- Gitgit - Waterfall walk
- Any international flights to Jakarta and from Sanur are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Java & Bali Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 114+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Java & Bali Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Java & Bali Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Java & Bali Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip includes included walks, hiking, cycling and snorkelling. While no specific training is required, a moderate level of fitness will help you to get the most out of the activities on this trip.
- Java is one of the most one of the largest islands in Indonesia, and we cover a large distance on this trip. Where suitable we travel by train to make the journey more comfortable but on some days we will be taking road transport. Travel times can be long, and traffic can be heavy and slow, especially over holiday periods.
- You will be expected to carry your own bags onto and off trains, and for short distances (porters are available in most stations at an extra charge).
- Dress standards in Java are more conservative than other areas of Indonesia. It's a good idea to take a sarong along with you, or to cover knees and shoulders for the temple visits included on this trip.
- To climb mountains for sunrise, we must start very early! Your sunrise climb of Mt Bromo and Mt Batur start around 3 am. This means you'll be walking over some gravel and volcanic rock in the dark. Head torches, a rain jacket, some warm clothing and good walking shoes are a must. The view at sunrise is well worth the effort, especially if the weather's fine!
- Accommodation at Seloliman Nature Reserve, near Mt Bromo and Mt Batur is in basic guesthouses. Set on the edge of a tropical forest the Seloliman Reserve embraces philosophies of environmental education, and we are sure you will get a good nights sleep. The guesthouses at Mt Bromo and Mt Batur are close to the base of each mountain, to reduce the travelling time to start our sunrise walks, and give you a little bit more sleep.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- How many days should you spend in Indonesia?
How much is the cost for a trip to Indonesia?
Depending on your travel style and accommodation, the average price of a trip to Indonesia for a solo US traveler for a week is around USD 1000-2500 including international flights. This equates to roughly USD 45 a day, but your activities, accommodations, and excursions may make this as high as USD 200 a day.
- What is the best time to go to Indonesia?
- Is Indonesia safe for tourists?
- Do I need a tourist visa for Indonesia?