- Bicycle tour
- Museum and gallery visits
- Train tour
- Countryside and village visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycling is a great way to get out and see the landscape and meet the locals. Enjoy cycling trips out of Yogyakarta and Ubud through the backcountry, a world of flowerstudded fields or rice paddies, and smiling locals
- Take a guided walk through the jungle and rice paddies of Seloliman Nature Reserve, then sit back, relax and soak up the ambience under the stars
- Conquer two mountains! Climbing Mt Bromo and Mt Batur in the early hours of the morning. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling sunrise views
- With hiking, cycling and snorkelling, this trip is steeped in outdoor activities. But there's also plenty of time to relax – bathe in hot springs, laze on beach in Bali, or stroll around the villages we visit
Combining Java’s collection of earthly volcanoes and pre-historic jungles with Bali’s stunning beaches, Java and Bali Explorer is a great way to experience the incredible contrasts and magical scenery of Indonesia. Get to the heart of life on this famous archipelago by visiting rice paddies, tea plantations and remote villages. Be charmed by Indonesia’s rich cultural heritage, witness traditional dance performances and visit ornate temples. From the fervent pace of Jakarta to the back alleys of Ubud, the islands of Bali and Java are Indonesia’s most celebrated duo – a treasure trove of beautiful beaches, rolling hills and dynamic cities.
Highlight is Karijini NP. Warra is our guide, driver and also as
cook for us, thanks a lot for your hard work. Lucky to meet you.”
Seloliman Nature Reserve
Seloliman Nature Reserve - Mt Bromo
Mt Bromo - Kalibaru
Kalibaru - Pemuteran
Ubud - Sidemen
Sidemen - Mt Batur
Mt Batur - Lovina
Munduk - Bedugul
Bedugul - Sanur
- Hotel (15 nights), Guesthouse (4 nights), Resort (2 nights)
- 21 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Bicycle , Ferry , Private Van , Train , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Jakarta - City tour, including Chinatown, Fatahillah Square & Istiqlal Mosque
- Pangandaran - Green Canyon
- Pangandaran - Village & cottage industries tour
- Yogyakarta - Borobudur Temple complex
- Yogyakarta - Countryside cycling tour
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Visit
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Lunch
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Guided Walk & Herbal Drink Tasting
- Mt Bromo - Sunrise climb
- Kalibaru - Coffee, Cocoa & Rubber Plantation Tour
- Mengwi - Taman Ayun Temple
- Ubud - Campuhan Ridge & Village walk
- Ubud - Kecak dance performance
- Ubud - Bayung Gede (Kahyangan) Village to Tampak Siring cycling tour
- Sidemen - Village tour
- Sidemen - Traditional Village Lunch
- Mt Batur - Sunrise volcano climb
- Lovina - Menjangan Island Reef snorkeling tour
- Lovina - Banjar Hot Springs
- Munduk - Waterfall walk
- Lovina - Seririt Market visit
- Bedugul - Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temple
- Bedugul - Balinese offering in local home
- Any international flights to Jakarta and from Sanur are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Java & Bali Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 99+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Java & Bali Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Java & Bali Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Java & Bali Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip includes included walks, hiking, cycling and snorkelling. While no specific training is required, a moderate level of fitness will help you to get the most out of the activities on this trip.
- Java is one of the most one of the largest islands in Indonesia, and we cover a large distance on this trip. Where suitable we travel by train to make the journey more comfortable but on some days we will be taking road transport. Travel times can be long, and traffic can be heavy and slow, especially over holiday periods.
- You will be expected to carry your own bags onto and off trains, and for short distances (porters are available in most stations at an extra charge).
- Dress standards in Java are more conservative than other areas of Indonesia. It's a good idea to take a sarong along with you, or to cover knees and shoulders for the temple visits included on this trip.
- To climb mountains for sunrise, we must start very early! Your sunrise climb of Mt Bromo and Mt Batur start around 3 am. This means you'll be walking over some gravel and volcanic rock in the dark. Head torches, a rain jacket, some warm clothing and good walking shoes are a must. The view at sunrise is well worth the effort, especially if the weather's fine!
- Accommodation at Seloliman Nature Reserve, near Mt Bromo and Mt Batur is in basic guesthouses. Set on the edge of a tropical forest the Seloliman Reserve embraces philosophies of environmental education, and we are sure you will get a good nights sleep. The guesthouses at Mt Bromo and Mt Batur are close to the base of each mountain, to reduce the travelling time to start our sunrise walks, and give you a little bit more sleep.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Your fellow travellers