- duration 7 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Experiencing an achievable, exhilarating alpine hike
- Walking through forests of beech, oak and maple trees
- Enjoying the stunning mountain and gorge vistas
- Following a wellmarked trail through a variety of scenery
A spectacular week of walks exploring the alpine landscapes and verdant valleys of the Spanish Grand Canyon and Haute Pyrenees. For walkers seeking out relatively untouched and wild trails in Europe, the Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park ranks amongst the best in Europe. Referred to as the Grand Canyon of the Haute Pyrenees, this stunning alpine region is protected and the careful management to preserve its wild beauty will be appreciated on this fabulous week of walks based around the village of Torla. From soaring glacial valleys down to deep canyons lathered with superb deciduous forests of beech, oak and maple trees, which come alive with rich colours during the autumn. Near Torla your walks will take you high up towards the French border as well as down into the Ordesa Valley. Enjoy one of Spains classic mountain walking experiences in the Great Canyon of Ordesa which will see you taking in panoramic views of the canyon and peaks beyond. The itinerary then moves on to Nerin for exploration of the summer pastures high above the Añisclo Gorge. This trip offers a superb choice of different walking routes along well marked trails to suit your ability and preferences.
Day 1 : Transfer from Jaca to Torla
Day 2 : Transfer to Bujaruelo, walk to Torla (3-4hrs)
Day 3 : Walk in the Great Canyon of Ordesa with transfers to trail head (6-8hrs)
Day 4 : Choice of walks from Torla (3-4.5hrs)
Day 5 : Transfer to Nerín, walks in the Añisclo Gorge (4.5hrs)
Day 6 : Mondoto & Cuello Arenas (5hrs)
Day 7 : Trip concludes with transfer to Jaca station
- 6 nights in 2 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including route notes and maps per room booked
- 6 breakfasts, 6 dinners
- Private transfers as described
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to and from Jaca
- Lunches and drinks daily
- Transfers not noted as included
- Entrance fees
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Guide - this is a self guided tour
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 60 today.
- Save US$ 40+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Pyrenees Ordesa Canyons Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Pyrenees Ordesa Canyons Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Pyrenees Ordesa Canyons Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.