- Explore the Spice Bazaar and learn how they make the Turkish delight
- Enjoy the delicious Turkish cuisine at popular street stalls
- Enjoy scenic stroll along the Üsküdar
- Travel across the Bosphorus on a ferry to reach Asia
We start our Istanbul food tour in front of the impressive Spice Bazaar. We’ll wander the perimeter of the bazaar and taste pastirma (Turkish dried beef), local cheeses, and Turkish delight from the shops of the long-established sweet makers.
As we wander on this Istanbul markets tour, our local guide will be buying foods to sample and treats to take with us on our journey to Asia. Depending on the season, you may be sampling several different local foods, including fresh nuts, pastirma, halva, olives, traditional Turkish cheeses, and simit.
After leaving the market, we’ll take the ferry to Üsküdar and enjoy a stroll along the waterfront, stopping at a local tea spot for view of the Maiden’s Tower and the Bosphorus. Enjoy tea and a Turkish delight and learn about popular foods and traditions in Turkey.
Afterwards we return by metro to the port of Eminönü, where our guide will offer recommendations for the evening or assist you with getting back to your hotel.
- Local english-speaking guide
- street stall food
- Ferry to Üsküdar
- A traditional yoghurt drink or tea
- Extra drinks or food
- Shopping along the way
- And tips and gratuities for your local guide
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.