- duration 48 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Istanbul Begin your adventure in the cosmopolitan Turkish city, which is the only city in the world that lies in two continents Asia and Europe
- Cappadocia Enjoy guided sightseeing of the enchanting region including the underground city of Kaymakli and the valley of Ihlara
- Tbilisi See the highlights of Georgia's charming capital city including the Sioni Cathedral and the hilltop Narikala Fortress
- Lake Sevan Camp on the shore of this breathtaking lake which is home to the only beaches in Armenia
Follow the ancient Silk Road trading route from Istanbul to Tashkent on this 48-day overland group tour encompassing Turkey, the Caucasus and Central Asia. Visit enchanting Cappadocia and the Sumela Monastery in Turkey, the Vardzia caves in Georgia and Lake Sevan in Armenia. Explore Baku in Azerbaijan, discover bonkers Ashgabat and the flaming Darvaza Gas Crater in Turkmenistan and take in the captivating Uzbek cities of Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand.
Day: 1 Welcome to Istanbul
Day: 2 Battlefields of Gallipoli
Day: 3-4 Troy, Selcuk & Ephesus
Day: 5 Pamukkale
Day: 6-7 Olympos & Chimera Fire Mountain
Day: 8 Ruins of Termessos & Egirdir
Day: 9-10 Magical Cappadocia
Day: 11 Zara village
Day: 12 The breathtaking Sumela Monastery
Day: 13 Batumi
Day: 14 Kutaisi
Day: 15-16 Exploring Tbilisi
Day: 17 Dilijan National Park & Lake Sevan
Day: 18-19 Geghard Monastery, Garni Temple & Yerevan
Day: 20 Khor Virap Monastery & Armenian Highlands
Day: 21 Vardzia
Day: 22 Borjomi National Park & Mtskheta
Day: 23 Stepantsminda
Day: 24-25 Telavi & wine tasting
Day: 26 Lagodekhi National Park
Day: 27 Sheki & caravanserai stay
Day: 28 Lahij village
Day: 29-30 Gobustan & Baku
Day: 31 Caspian Sea ferry
Day: 32 Turkmenbashi
Day: 33-34 Discovering Ashgabat
Day: 35 The Darvaza Gas Crater
Day: 36 Kunye Urgench
Day: 37-38 Khiva
Day: 39-41 Beautiful Bukhara
Day: 42 Nurata & the Kyzylkhum Desert
Day: 43-45 Samarkand
Day: 46-47 Terrific Tashkent
Day: 48 Tashkent
- 34 nights in hotels / hostels / guesthouses
- 11 nights camping (including 3 nights on campsites, 7 nights wild camping and 1 night camping without facilities)
- 1 night camping in traditional yurt
- All necessary camping equipment (excluding sleeping bags)
- 30 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 16 dinners
- Transportation in an overland expedition vehicle
- Services of two crew (drivers/tour leaders) and local guides along the way
- Guided tour of Gallipoli, Troy, Ephesus and Cappadocia in Turkey
- Guided tour of Ashgabat and visit to the Darvaza Gas Crater in Turkmenistan
- Guided tour of Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand in Uzbekistan
- 1 overnight ferry from Baku - Turkmenbashi
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Visit to the Vardzia Caves in Georgia
- Visits to the Garni Temple, Geghard Monastery and Khor Virap Monastery in Armenia
- A stay in the ancient Sheki caravanserai in Azerbaijan
- Visit to Gobustan to see the petroglyphs and mud volcanoes
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Sleeping bag and roll mat - please bring your own for camping
- Local payment - $1880pp, paid in USD
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 339 today.
- Earn US$ 225+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Turkey To Tashkent - 48 Days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Turkey To Tashkent - 48 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Turkey To Tashkent - 48 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.