- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- War sites
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- minimum participants 10
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-17425
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Explore Turkey's highlights on this comprehensive two week trip
- Visit famous GrecoRoman sites, enjoy vibrant cities and relax on the stunning coastline
- Discover Cappadocia's unusual landscape, underground cities and rockcut churches
Turkey is a country of contrasting landscapes and immense cultural riches. This all-encompassing trip takes-in Istanbul, the impressive ancient sites of Aphrodisias and Ephesus, the unusual terraces of Pamukkale, and visits the World War I battlefields of Gallipoli.
Cappadocia - Explore the fairy-tale chimneys and rock carved cave dwellings
Gallipoli - Discover the poignant World War I memorials including the Lone Pine Cemetery
Turquoise Coast - Take a tranquil boat ride through the reeds to Caunos and swim at Iztuzu Beach
Day 1 : Join trip in Istanbul
Day 2 : Full day tour of Istanbul including the Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet Square, Hagia Sophia and a trip across the Bosphorus to Kadikoy
Day 3 : Travel to Ankara; visit Ataturk's Mausoleum and the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations
Day 4 : Visit Hacibektas Museum en route to Urgup; see Kaymakli underground city
Day 5 : Full day in Cappadocia
Day 6 : Konya, home to the Whirling Dervishes en route to Antalya
Day 7 : Journey to Kas via the ancient town of Olympos
Day 8 : In Kas with the chance to sea kayak or visit Xanthos
Day 9 : Boat ride to Caunos and Iztuzu Beach; arrive in Dalyan
Day 10 : Visit the ancient sites of Pamukkale and Hierapolis
Day 11 : Visit Aphrodisias Greco-Roman site; arrive in Selcuk
Day 12 : Explore Ephesus; chance to visit Selcuk Museum
Day 13 : See Pergamum Acropolis and Troy en route to Canakkale
Day 14 : Travel to the Gallipoli Battlefields; return to Istanbul
Day 15 : Trip ends in Istanbul
- Monaco Hotel (3 nights)
- Angrand Hotel (1 night)
- Sobek Stone House (2 nights)
- Hotel Ant Royal (1 night)
- Kekova Hotel (2 nights)
- Metin Hotel (1 night)
- Lycus River Hotel (1 night)
- Cenka Hotel (2 nights)
- Canak Hotel (1 night)
- 14 Breakfasts
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to/from Istanbul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Turkey in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 57+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Turkey in Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 February 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 February 2023, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Turkey in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Turkey in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
- How much does a tour to Turkey cost?
- What is the best time to visit Turkey?
- How many days should I spend on a visit to Turkey?
Where should I visit in Turkey as a first time visitor?
There is no shortage of things to see in Turkey, but there are many places to visit in Turkey. Cappadocia and Ephesus are two of the best places to see in Turkey, while Istanbul completes the trifecta of must-visit locations. Add a visit to Pamukkale and the Mediterranean coast into the mix and you have a well-rounded holiday.