- Visit areas not covered on other tours like Topkapi Palace kitchens and soldiers quarters
- Fully guided harem tour, exploring the most story-filled parts of Topkapi Palace
- All-inclusive prices, with pre-reserved Topkapi Palace tickets and palace harem tickets
- Small groups of only 15 people or fewer mean its easy to hear and interact with your guide
Topkapi Palace is as mysterious as it is beautiful: With its long history of sultans, eunuchs and concubines, it can seem impenetrable to those without intimate knowledge of Byzantine art and history. But it doesn’t need to be.
Explore Topkapi Palace with an expert local tour guide, hand-chosen for their passion, storytelling abilities and English-language skills. Traveling in a small group of 15 people or fewer, you’ll find your guide easy to hear and interact with: A good thing too, since its the history that makes Topkapi Palace such a wonderful visit.
You’ll tour the best sights of the palace, including areas only recently opened to the public. Like the palace kitchen, where up to 800 cooks dished up 6,000 meals a day during busy periods. Or the foot soldiers barracks, where a beautiful pipe room, private baths and the ornate prayer room may convince you to join their ranks.
A sure highlight of your tour comes with a visit to the palace harem. This where you’ll find the private living quarters of the Sultan’s many wives, concubines, children, eunuchs and the Sultan’s Mother. Learn the complicated politics of the Sultan’s private life; how a concubine might graduate to Favorite and, if she was lucky, Official Consort; and why eunuchs and crown princes were the only men allowed in this area. Because it requires an extra ticket, few visitors see the harem at all — but, with pre-reserved tickets included on your tour, you’ll be so glad you did.
Of course you’ll visit all the best general access areas of the palace too. Learn why the Audience Room was the most terrifying spot in the palace (if you were a poor performing Vizier, that is); and discover the stunning kiosks, set in colourful gardens overlooking the Bosphorus.
What you won’t visit are the most crowded rooms. Rather than spend your 3 hours together queuing to see the cloak and sword of Muhammed or the forearm of St. John the Baptist, your guide will give you an introduction to these relics and rooms from outside, leaving you to visit on your own and at your own pace after the tour.
With all-inclusive pricing and a No Surprise Guarantee you can rest assured that there will be no extra costs on the day of your tour, no pressure to buy souvenirs or to visit sites not included on your tour. You can even leave your wallet at home if you wish.
- Topkapi Palace and Harem ticket
- Dedicated, handpicked Walks tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● Please note that guides are not allowed to give explanations inside some of the rooms of Topkapi Palace, such as the Imperial Treasury, for example. In these cases the guide will give you the information from outside and let you explore the room at your own pace. The guide will however remain with you throughout the rest of the tour.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commence