- Explore the most interesting and authentic corners of the Grand Bazaar.
- Meet some of the finest artisans in Turkey and see them at work.
- Take amazing pictures at three secret rooftop view points unknown to normal visitors.
- Enjoy the services of an expert, English-speaking guide, who will double as an interpreter
Led by a local guide, you’ll slip away from the teeming tourist trail and wind through the less frequented warrens of the market until you find the traditional artisans’ workshops. There you’ll meet a variety of craftsmen and women including a jeweler, a fabric maker, Iznik ceramic makers, a silver polisher and a small carpet-making factory, home to the last loom in the Grand Bazaar.
We’re making a donation to every studio you visit and working with only the most passionate craftsmen, who will be delighted to chat with you and answer any questions you may have – all of which will be interpreted by your expert, English speaking guide. Through conversation and observation of their work you’ll share in their love for their craft and learn how much care and attention goes into the creation of each product.
But this tour isn’t all back rooms and narrow passageways. The Bazaar is full of rooftop exits that, if you know where to find them, will afford you some of the most unique views of Istanbul. Remember that incredible chase scene from James Bond “Skyfall”? We’ll take you to those rooftops as well as at least two other stunning viewpoints. These places are virtually unknown to tourists (and even most locals) so there is no better way to really get a feel for what the Grand Bazaar is really like.
- Guided tour of the workshops and rooftops of the Grand Bazaar
- Admission to all workshops & rooftops
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- While the Grand Bazaar is accessible with a wheelchair, our tour itinerary unfortunately is not. There are many stairs along the route to access the hans and the rooftops and no lifts are available.
- We advise our clients that occasionally some of the sites visited on this tour may be closed during special celebrations/festivities/personal reasons of the artisans. If this occurs during your visit, we will spend more time at other sites. We are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- Large bags are not allowed on the tour, since the grounds are uneven and there is a lot of climbing of stairs included.
- Please wear comfortable shoes since the grounds are uneven and there is a lot of climbing of stairs included.
- The tour runs rain or shine.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or d