- Loch Ness
- Jacobite Steam Train (Hogwarts Express)
- Glenfinnan Viaduct
- Fort Augustus
- Commando Memorial
Enjoy a full day of stunning scenery and fresh Highland air, as we travel all the way around Loch Ness and along the idyllic West Coast. Our journey reveals ancient ruins, a poignant war memorial, and beautiful beaches – with mountain backdrops never far from sight. Hop aboard the Jacobite Steam Train for a magical 2-hour ride along stunning coastal scenery and over the iconic Glenfinnan Viaduct. Made famous by the Harry Potter films, and voted one of the world’s most scenic railways, this is a trip you’ll never forget!
We depart Inverness bright and early and begin our journey along the world-famous Loch Ness, stopping for photos above the ruins of Urquhart Castle. We continue south and visit the Commando Memorial which overlooks the Nevis Range; home to the UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis. Next, it’s time to set your sights upon the Jacobite Steam Train and hop aboard the train at Fort William.
Your journey through magnificent landscapes will end in the fishing port of Mallaig where you can try fresh seafood for lunch or explore the town.
Watch as awe-inspiring scenery unfolds before you as we take the stunning ‘Road to the Isles’ en route to the charming Highland village of Fort Augustus. Here, we get the chance to explore the Caledonian Canal and take a stroll by the shores of Loch Ness. Finally, we visit Dores Beach on the banks of Loch Ness, arriving back into Inverness in the evening.
Please note: we only offer standard class seating on the Jacobite Steam Train, we are unable to offer first class seating or upgrades.
- Passionate Local Guide
- Return Coach from Inverness
- Jacobite Steam Train
- Any international flights to/from Inverness are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Harry Potter Train & The Scenic Highlands tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Harry Potter Train & The Scenic Highlands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 3 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 2 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 2 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Harry Potter Train & The Scenic Highlands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Harry Potter Train & The Scenic Highlands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.