- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek your way through jungleclad limestone peaks and stumble across rural villages in the mystical Shan mountains
- Enjoy a traditional lunch of fried tofu, seasonal fruits and fried vermicelli/rice and chicken with a native family and learn about their way of life
- Take an atmospheric boat ride across the lake and glide past stilthouse villages, floating gardens and stunning Buddhist temples
- Admire the most remarkable views of Inle Lake, looking down upon it from a hilltop village
Most people explore Inle Lake by boat; buck the trend and find some hidden gems along the way with this dreamy hiking tour, led by an expert local guide.
Your tour will begin bright and early as you meet your local guide at the meeting point and let them whisk you to the boat that will take us to our first stop.
For 45 minutes we’ll glide across the lake admiring beautiful views of the green hills beyond and the idyllic stilt villages with their pretty floating gardens.
We will dock at Magyigone Village and once we have disembarked the boat, your guide will give a quick safety briefing.
Your scenic trek will take approximately 3 hours, taking you through some of Southeast Asia’s most spectacular panoramas; through the peaceful serenity of the Shan Hills, a mesmerising region that is famous for its rubies, sapphires and other precious gems, all of which is on the waitlist for UNESCO World Heritage status.
Passing through terrace farms, bamboo forest and lush plantations, we’ll arrive at Moe Kaung Village, a pretty hilltop village where we will meet a friendly local family and talk to them about rural life on the lake. We’ll then share a deliciously traditional Burmese lunch with our new friends before making our way to another village.
Here we will take a walk around, admiring the different styles of home and chatting to locals about their everyday lives. The views of the lake from this are to die for, so you’ll definitely want to spend some time pondering the vistas and taking Instagram-worthy pictures that you’ll treasure forever.
After a short boat ride, you’ll find yourself back in the hustle and bustle of Nyaung Shwe, where your tour ends.
Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else to see and do on the lake and where to go for authentic souvenirs, such as lotus silks, intricate carvings and hand-made textiles.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Boat fees
- Water and snacks.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 55 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Trekking Inle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking Inle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Nyaung Shwe City Hotel, No.20 Win Quarter, Nyaung Shwe Town Ship, Southern Shan State. Meeting end point : Nyaung Shwe Jetty