- Discover the diverse cultural heritage of Nepal and India by visiting Unesco World Heritage Sites such as Kathmandu Valley, Lumbini, Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Ajanta Caves.
- Visit India’s Keoladeo National Park and Manas Wildlife Sanctuary, and Nepal’s Chitwan National Park and Bardiya National Park to see unique bird and animal species.
- Enjoy a trekking trip to Everest Base Camp and Annapurna Circuit in Nepal, or the mountains of Ladakh in India.
- Savor the mouth-watering cuisine of both India and Nepal, including curries and biryanis in India, and momos, dal bhat, and traditional Newari dishes in Nepal.
- See the historical temples, marketplaces, and vibrant culture of Kathmandu Valley.
- Take part in colorful festivals and ceremonies such as Holi, Diwali, and Dashain, which are celebrated in both Nepal and India.
- Avoid drinking tap water and stick to bottled water to prevent water borne diseases.
- Negotiate prices when shopping in local markets. Bargaining is a common practice in both Nepal and India.
- Respect cultural differences and honor local customs and traditions during your travel. Dress appropriately, especially when visiting religious sites or rural areas.
- Carry cash with you at all times as many places do not accept credit or debit cards.
- Obtain the necessary visas and permits for both countries before your trip.
The recommended duration for a tour of India and Nepal depends on your interests, budget, and travel style. But ideally, we recommend that you allocate 10 to 14 days to see the main highlights of the two countries.
If you are planning to travel for a comprehensive tour of the two countries, you will need anywhere between three weeks explore popular destinations to one month. This allows you to such as the Taj Mahal, Jaipur, Kathmandu, and Pokhara, as well as participate in outdoor activities like trekking in the Himalayas and visiting national parks.
The best time to visit Nepal and India is during the winter months from October to March. Weather conditions in popular destinations such as Delhi, Agra, Kathmandu, and Pokhara are sunny and pleasant during this period.
The spring months from March to May are also a good time to visit, especially for trekking in the Himalayas or exploring the wildlife sanctuaries of Nepal.
The summer months from June to August can be very hot and humid in many parts of India.
- What is the best way to travel between Nepal and India?
The best ways to travel between Nepal and India are by direct flight, although you can also travel overland on a bus or a private car. The best travel option depends on your preference and budget. Flights are the quickest and most convenient option, while road travel allows you to see and experience more of the two countries.
- Can I travel to Nepal from India?
Yes, you can travel to Nepal from India or vice versa. However, you are required to have your travel documents in order.