- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Spend a day exploring the world of Bollywood in Ramoji Film City: an expansive park full of filming locations. You’ll feel like you’re on the set of a blockbuster!
- Gaze in awe at the Pancha Rathas – five Hindu temples in Mamallapuram that are each carved from a single piece of rock.
- Go in search for elephants and tigers, as well as macaque, civet, giant flying squirrel, striped hyena and leopard on an included safari in the lush Bandipur National Park.
- Tingle your taste buds with the perfect cuppa on a visit to one of Coonoor’s tea plantations. Learn about how tea leaves go from plant to cup.
Get deep into the heart of India on a 13-day exploration of some of its hidden gems. Explore the real sides to Hyderabad, Madurai and Mysore, and understand the local way of living in the south. Discover the unusual and expansive Ramoji Film City, get exploring around the carved temples of Mamallapuram, visit a tea plantation in the highlands of Coonoor, and finish off seaside in the important port city of Kochi. Oh, and did we mention the biryani and chai you’ll devour? Experience authentic India with a knowledgeable local leader and a comprehensive itinerary to suit.
First Hotel in Ubud should be changed (smell in the room, dark)
Last Hotel in Sanur must be changed. After the other hotels, this standard "business" hotel is not an adequate end of the tour. Simply no atmosphere”
Hyderabad - Overnight Train
Madurai - Overnight Train
- Hotel (9 nights), Jungle Resort (1 night), Overnight Sleeper Train (2 nights)
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Overnight sleeper train , Taxi , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Hyderabad - Ramoji Film City
- Hyderabad - Charminar
- Hyderabad - Orientation walk
- Puducherry - Leader-led French Quarter walking tour
- Madurai - Orientation walk
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi Temple
- Mysore - Maharaja's Palace
- Mysore - Home cooked lunch & family visit
- Bandipur - National Park Safari
- Ooty - Nilgiri Mountain Railway & Tea Plantation visit
- Kochi - Dutch Palace
- Kochi - Jewish Synagogue
- Any international flights to Hyderabad and from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Real South India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 35+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Real South India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Real South India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Real South India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- As this is a Basix trip, there is plenty of free time built into the itinerary for you to enjoy as you wish in each destination. Your leader will take you on an orientation walk in each destination to get your bearings and give you plenty of suggestions - then what comes next is up to you! Please take into account spending money for optional sightseeing (including local transport to and from sights) that isn't included in the trip cost when budgeting for your journey.
- We are covering a lot of distance in a vast country, so this trip involves some very long bus and train rides. These can at times be a bit gruelling but offer a quintessential and authentic Indian experience.
- Sleeper trains are a great way to travel long distances while still getting maximum time in each place. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow and blanket provided (although some people prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet). Please note that you may be sharing with locals of the same or opposite gender. More information can be found in the Transport section of these notes. Read about what it's like travelling on overnight trains in India, and around the world, here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/overnight-train-travel-around-the-world/
- This trip runs all year round, so it’s important to be aware of just how hot it can get in India in the summer months and choose the season that best suits you.
- If you'd prefer a similar itinerary in southern India for all ages, look for trip code HHRS on our website. If you are looking for a trip in the south with with more inclusions, higher standard of accommodation or less overnight trains, check out our HHSS (Original) or HHKS (Comfort) trips.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Alternate Joining point instructions